Warning to all

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where is the parts people paid you for? You didn`t mentioned anything about it.
Are they all full of shid accusing you?

I was aware the product was real....but Im stating that, those who bought/had system installed by Mr. Wilks mite have more to worry about than some stranger makin off w.their bikes....ever heard of the Safe installers who come back later, break rite in take everything inside??? car/bike alarm places have tip-off conartists too...Im stating that I KNOW that is what is going to happen-I just worry that it MIGHT, looking back at several of the other threads where Mr. Wilks was involved with STOLEN PROPERTY being either in his direct possession, or having been sold BY him to another individual...go do the reading and draw your own opinion as I did.
lurk.gif
Sorry Big D I just misunderstood you Bro I thought by your post that when you had done your research that you did not see the Phantom System. Was just putting out that it was really out there. I have not read any of the posts. Like I said before I have met David and rode with him he has always been a pretty decent guy when I meet him. Not saying that what has happened is true or false. I will call him as I have his number and tell him about this thread and whether or not he chose to answer is up to him if he does not well then I am all about if it walks like a duck, Smells like a duck, MUST BE A DUCK.

I met David at the TXHR Fall Meet-N-Greet. He has invited quite a few of us to his home for a party last year & set up a track day event for Texas riders. David, thanks for posting in your own defense.

so at my own expense, over $2000.00 invested in it so far, I am almost finished and will have the systems by Christmas for sale.
Still peddling his stuff even in his explanation. Doesn't seem right?
ban.gif
I simply stated that so those who can understand my commitment to furthering the enjoyment of riding is coming out of my own pocket, time and energies to produce a worthwhile product. The actual sales of such will not be done by me ut rather Ellis Performance exclusively, a local racing motorcycle shop that has been in the Hayabusa upgrade business since the first 1999 models hit the roads.

That way those of you who do not wish to deal with me, can still have a great product and feel financially secure with your purchase.

Of course even that point seems to miss a few.

Where is the parts people paid you for? You didn`t mentioned anything about it.
Are they all full of shid accusing you?
+1 Tango, the concern here is that a member claimed to send you 500 for two cruise controls and has gotten nothing.

any thoughts there?
I have contacted that person directly by phone, have kept in touch through emails and the process of developing this system has not been an easy one. We are under an agreement with a deadline date and for all who wish to be kept informed I am sure that Jason will be quite happy with the outcome. I have offered a full refund with the inclusion of a free cruise unit and he has maintained his generous offer of time and will wait for the finished product.

Anyone who has seen my system operate can attest to how well it works. Adam..?
rock.gif

I dont think a testimonial about the product is required, we just wanted to hear your thoughts on the lack of communication.

Here is the information I received:

<div class="iF-Passage"><div class="QUOTEHEAD">Quote:[/Quote]<div class="QUOTE clearfix"><span class="quoteBegin"> </span>
I bought two cruise control system from him on 7/13/07. I guess he had problems getting the correct system. I have to email him every 30 days to find out more info. Last week I sent him a email asking him to send the two system or return my $500 and never heard back.[/quote]

Now I'll file this one under he said she said, but a piece of advice is to not take money until you have the product or have someone else handle your communication.

I get that you are a good guy, with great ambitions, but you have a serious amount of negative (felonious) activity over your head and you have to expect when you make a mistake like this people will throw you under the bus because old habits are hard to break.

This is the same reason why convicted felons cant carry guns or get government jobs.

And spare me the "I am busy" or "I have a lot going on" everyone here has a lot going on but they own their mistakes and make them right.

4 months of holding 500 dollars with no return is a bit more of a problem than "oh I have been busy"

Sometimes just admitting you made a mistake and appologizing goes a he11 of a lot farther than hiding behind excuses and then roping in your friends to back those up.

Dont feel like you have to run to another board or stop posting just make it right. You will be respected more that way
shake.gif

I dont think a testimonial about the product is required, we just wanted to hear your thoughts on the lack of communication.

<div class="iF-Passage"><div class="QUOTEHEAD">Quote:
<div class="QUOTE clearfix"><span class="quoteBegin"> </span>
I bought two cruise control system from him on 7/13/07. I guess he had problems getting the correct system. I have to email him every 30 days to find out more info. Last week I sent him a email asking him to send the two system or return my $500 and never heard back.[/quote]

Now I'll file this one under he said she said, but a piece of advice is to not take money until you have the product or have someone else handle your communication.

I get that you are a good guy, with great ambitions, but you have a serious amount of negative (felonious) activity over your head and you have to expect when you make a mistake like this people will throw you under the bus because old habits are hard to break.

This is the same reason why convicted felons cant carry guns or get government jobs.[/quote]
Sure it has been a while. When I contacted the supplier for the cruise system I purchased back in July to make the purchase they told me the parts were in stock. When I went to their location to make the purchase they were not. When the new part arrived it was completely different than the first system I had installed and was not waterproof. The fact it was not waterproof could cause a short and an unintended acceleration... kinda like Volvos of past.

I have been working with the manufacturer directly to get the original product but with a different processor so that the configuration for a 1300cc engine on a 500+ pound bike will react smoothly to imputs unlike the 1300cc engine in a 2400 pound car will when activated.

I might not be able to buy a gun, but nothing in my past has affected my FAA credentials, working for Lockheed-Martin or other Government contractors at the Redstone Arsenal on developing military aviation applications. Now maybe if I stole Box Cutters or bought manure in large quantities that would be different.

<div class="iF-Passage"><div class="QUOTEHEAD">Quote:
<div class="QUOTE clearfix"><span class="quoteBegin"> </span>
I bought two cruise control system from him on 7/13/07. I guess he had problems getting the correct system. I have to email him every 30 days to find out more info. Last week I sent him a email asking him to send the two system or return my $500 and never heard back.

This is the same reason why convicted felons cant carry guns or get government jobs.[/quote]
Sure it has been a while. When I contacted the supplier for the cruise system I purchased back in July to make the purchase they told me the parts were in stock. When I went to their location to make the purchase they were not. When the new part arrived it was completely different than the first system I had installed and was not waterproof. The fact it was not waterproof could cause a short and an unintended acceleration... kinda like Volvos of past.

I have been working with the manufacturer directly to get the original product but with a different processor so that the configuration for a 1300cc engine on a 500+ pound bike will react smoothly to imputs unlike the 1300cc engine in a 2400 pound car will when activated.

I might not be able to buy a gun, but nothing in my past has affected my FAA credentials, working for Lockheed-Martin or other Government contractors at the Redstone Arsenal on developing military aviation applications. Now maybe if I stole Box Cutters or bought manure in large quantities that would be different.[/quote]
Sorry I wasnt pointing the example directly at you. My bad.

I cannot speak for everyone, nor am I trying to, but the reasons/excuses wont matter.

Jason posting that this was resolved before next friday will speak volumes.

So how about you committing to when he will have his parts.

No extra talk, just a date and if you dont have one call that out.

And spare me the "I am busy" or "I have a lot going on" everyone here has a lot going on but they own their mistakes and make them right.

4 months of holding 500 dollars with no return is a bit more of a problem than "oh I have been busy"

Sometimes just admitting you made a mistake and appologizing goes a he11 of a lot farther than hiding behind excuses and then roping in your friends to back those up.

Dont feel like you have to run to another board or stop posting just make it right. You will be respected more that way
shake.gif
+1 Took the money and no goods delivered nor refund issued. End of story, nothing to explain here.

Good luck clearing your name.

I simply do not have a date from the manufacturer. I have installed the new system on my Busa, had the manufacturer add weatherpack harnesses and a new sealed dipswitch controller with a better processor. The new system I am told will be shipped back to me within a week and then I will have to fulfill the minimum order from the first two I am receiving. At that point I will go forward without delay in supplying these systems to Ellis Performance for resale.

So... no firm date as of yet. I am still hearing next week from the manufacturer. I have offered a full refund, but we are both being patient at this time.

See all the talk and excuse to simple say I have no date.

Just a word of advice again, you saying it could be next week is a problem because you don't know and with the holiday if I were you the smart thing to say would be the 1st week of December at the EARLIEST.

And if you have his money, why not tell him to hold it instead of you. Offering a refund is great, but send it to him in paypal and have them hold it. That way both parties are safe, you have to be more proactive Tango.

Under promise and over deliver.

I'll let this horse die
deadhorse.gif
but Tango just do the right thing.

I wont call you out by asking for the manufacturers contact information to confirm your story, but I will say that you should really think about your position before joining this business venture.

This topic closed.

It has gone from notice to members to be on the lookout to how you should run your business. The information is out there for all to read, make up your own minds.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back