Warning to all

Ken02busa

Donating Member
Registered
I have made an error in judgement in trusting a new member in here, that being said yes, I am a new member as well. I however care how others see me, apparently this person does not.

A month ago I bought a 5x leather jacket from a member in here, I asked all the appropriate questions, was it really in good shape, gave my size, weight, height (all emails can be posted here from both of us) and of course he answered the non descript ones, yes good shape, yes its sent, yes theres armor, but no reply on sizing.
This jacket was made in Pakistan, is clearly marked 5x, and is no larger than 1xl, maybe 2xl tops.
I asked today when I received the jacket about the size issue, said he is 310 6'2 and it fit fine, which I say is total crap, I am 6'5 340 and there is ZERO chance of doing up the zipper, its 3" from touching. It is tight in the shoulders, sleeves are short. I am not obese, I have 4" on this person and 30 lbs, yet the zipper is in different time zones?

This guy bought this jacket online or mail order, got it home like I did, it didnt fit, so he passed on the dirty deal to me.

I gave him the option of coming clean, of helping out, or taking the jacket back, all I got was NO. He is done with the deal, and has washed his hands.

I did not make any errors, other than trusting this person.

I gave him one more chance to make good before I post his name.

ZIG ZAGZ IS THE PERSON THAT SOLD ME THIS JACKET, BUT THE PERSON I PAID GOES BY THE NAME CHANTEL.

I am now in contact with VISA and PAYPAL, discussing possible misrepresetation and fraudulent activity.

(Owning a Collection Agency for 20+ years comes in handy some times.)

<!--EDIT|Ken02busa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1147751147 -->

post_3_91668_JHL04Black_Blue.jpg

Man that stinks. Why couldn't the dude just say "Irregular fit" and sell it as a 1x or 2x, and state its labeled a 5x but not even close - Im guessing it still would have sold, and could have eliminated a bad rep for this guy.

Anyhow, what a b.s. line by saying he is done with the deal....I mean C'mon...complete b.s.

Sorry Ken but...judging by your tagline?...I'm filing this one under...

"Kharma"

good luck finding Barbi...L8R, Bill.
cool.gif

Whats that Latin phrase?
Caveat Emptor...

There is good and bad on buying used anything and I am sorry to hear that this transaction went bad.

On the plus side of buying used gear, nearly all of the major manufacturers of riding gear have sizing charts on their sites and I have found that they know what they are talking about. I have bought tons of this stuff without ever having tried it on because the info they supplied got me where I needed to be. If you are buying used determine the commercial vendor and the size, go check their (manufacturer or vendor) site for fitment data and viola!
The made in Pakistan part?
Dont know bout that one but if the gear was distributed by nearly any company that sells stuff on a broad scale you should have been able to find a sizing chart, measured yourself and got the ball pretty close to the hole. If they are not a major manufacturer... might not need to wrap your precious parts in there anyway!

Again, sorry to hear bout the sour deal but thought I'd drop my $.02 in the jar.

<!--EDIT|YH2K
Reason for Edit: "Predicate Adjective Displacement!"|1147741035 -->

Too bad it turned out all wrong. Good luck trying to get it straightened out!

Sorry Ken but...judging by your tagline?...I'm filing this one under...

"Kharma"

good luck finding Barbi...L8R, Bill.
cool.gif
I'm going to have to disagree with you here Bill.

Alot of members "In Good Standing" have questionable sigs,<span style='font-size:15pt;line-height:100%'>highly</span> questionable avatars(which I will be whacking shortly),questionable comments(in someones mind) etc etc etc,yadda yadda ya.

I dont think we should chalk this one up to "kharma".

I'm also guessing yer just givin' the guy a hard time.

No worries...Rubb.

you guys really need to see this jacket- 5XL my butt! Yes, it says that, but if it said it was made of 24k gold would it be worth a million dollars???

Man this frosts me, I wanted better protection, now because someone ripped off this guy, he does it to me! He never even wore it, obviously too small for him too, if he is actually 310 and 6'2.

Totally unfair.

<!--EDIT|Ken02busa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1147743290 -->

Whats that Latin phrase?
Caveat Emptor...
Going to have to disagree with you too.

We all have our arguments and disagreements here on the board. Just about everybody has a member or two that for whatever reason they just dont like.

<span style='font-size:15pt;line-height:100%'>NO WORRIES.</span>

There is however a very high standard here at Hayabusa Dot Org.

This is THE best website on the planet and I grow tired of it being used as vehicle for less-than-enviable charachters to pawn their wares.

THAT ENDS TODAY.

I will be setting up a forum for this type of problem.Both sides can air THE FACTS and only the facts(no cussin',no swearin',no name callin') from there a determination will be made wether that member will be welcome here on the Org in the future.

I think we can all agree that the standards here on this board are head and shoulders above any website on the net when it comes to members doing business with one another.

I personally dont feel anyone should be ripped off,or get questionable goods,or be lead astray,etc etc etc.This situation is easily remedied by a money back guarantee.
This particular case has an easy resolve...just give the unsatisfied member their money back.Maybe split the shipping,something like that.

End of story.

"Caveat Emtor" which translates to:

Let The Buyer Beware.

No,not on this website.

An answer to this type of problem is on the top of my list.

Have a good 1....(transaction that is).... RSD.

Ken...if it makes ya feel any better?..most motorcycle specific commercially available jackets are made in pakistan or other third world countries and/or china....Icon, Teknic, Cortech, and many others...even Joe Rockets stuff...as for the sizing?...and from what I read in your own post?..you got 30lbs and 4"s on the seller...translate that into things like chest girth, shoulder width and arm length and the fitment problem becomes apparent and clear....then factor in that in todays world?...if a dude sells something because he needs cash?...financial reactions can and do vary..now...that said?..I would hope and like to think that you two could work thios out amicably on your own but..there's also another alternative...re-sell the jacket to some whom it will fit...best wishes either way and...

L8R, Bill
cool.gif

THERE YOU GO ZIG ZAGZ............whats it going to be?
OK....right here. Go easy Ken02busa.

Send him a PM. Direct him to this thread. We will move with thought and conscience...

NOT EMOTION.

Only inteligent thought and fact will be tollerated in these matters.

Lets fix this....not throw gas on it.

RSD.

Whats that Latin phrase?
Caveat Emptor...
Going to have to disagree with you too.

We all have our arguments and disagreements here on the board. Just about everybody has a member or two that for whatever reason they just dont like.

<span style='font-size:15pt;line-height:100%'>NO WORRIES.</span>

There is however a very high standard here at Hayabusa Dot Org.

This is THE best website on the planet and I grow tired of it being used as vehicle for less-than-enviable charachters to pawn their wares.

THAT ENDS TODAY.

I will be setting up a forum for this type of problem.Both sides can air THE FACTS and only the facts(no cussin',no swearin',no name callin') from there a determination will be made wether that member will be welcome here on the Org in the future.

I think we can all agree that the standards here on this board are head and shoulders above any website on the net when it comes to members doing business with one another.

I personally dont feel anyone should be ripped off,or get questionable goods,or be lead astray,etc etc etc.This situation is easily remedied by a money back guarantee.
 This particular case has an easy resolve...just give the unsatisfied member their money back.Maybe split the shipping,something like that.

End of story.

"Caveat Emtor"  which translates to:

Let The Buyer Beware.  

No,not on this website.

An answer to this type of problem is on the top of my list.

Have a good 1....(transaction that is)....  RSD.
Hey Rub...over at the ZRXOA (my old crew) they had...

"The Hall Of Fame" (for those that do)

and....

"The Hall Of Shame" (for those that don't)

forums.

and it worked out pretty well...cause either way?...

ya getcher name up in lights!
laugh.gif

L8R, Bill.
cool.gif

Back