Jackets

danath 34

Registered
So I am going to be needing a new jacket soon. Actually if you ask my friends/girlfriend they will say I needed a new jacket many months ago... :whistle:

I was wondering if you guys could give me advice.

I definitely need a jacket on the cheaper side, as I am a broke college student lol.

Have any of you guys had experience with the cheaper jackets such as:
Joe Rocket Phoenix 5.0
I like this one because of the price, and because I can get it in a "tall" size. I am 6' 2" and to be honest, even though my current jacket fits very well, it looks too small because it isnt long enough.

I was also considering this one:
Icon Hooligan Hayabusa Jacket
But its a bit more expensive.

Hell, I was even cosidering this one for the price:
Fieldsheer Aqua Sport Jacket

Are there any good jackets at a low price that you would recommend? It must have armor, and it would be nice if it had the pants zipper/belt loop attachment.

Are there any real disadvantages to buying a cheap jacket like this, provided it has CE approved armor?

Thanks a lot guys!

Last edited:
Joe Rocket is good stuff IMO I have had 3 jackets and not a single problem. Icon is nice but you are paying more for a name than the product itself IMO.:thumbsup:

I have the Joe Rocket as a daily rider, But I Do Not Like the Zippers. This is my second one and the Zips are crap in my opinion.
I do wear Fieldsheer leathers and like them, but it is really a matter of how they fit you!
Bubba

I have heard that BUBBA,Some people have had problems with JR zippers Knock on wood though dang I will prolly break one tomorrow:please:

if you have not yet done so, check your local craigslist! lots of good gear at great discounts. just recently, I bought a $400 Alpinestars jacket for $100 (full leather, armor, liner). if you prefer BRAND NEW, check out the deals at newenough.com

best of luck!

dude... funny you ask, because i just bought one of these and it came in the mail today... and it's awesome:beerchug: and a suzuki jacket for 200 is not bad at all:thumbsup:
NEW Suzuki HAYABUSA BLACK Custom Leather Jacket - 48: eBay Motors (item 130392804151 end time May-29-10 07:04:15 PDT)

I have a brand new size 46 black/grey/ silver lettering with small hump... AGV busa jacket for sale similiar to the one on ebay above for $130 plus shipping! Pm me if interested! fore arm protectio, shoulder pads, and its leather!

Last edited:
I can't say anything about fieldshear leather but I ordered a fieldshear mesh jacket and it was crap! single seam stiching that was already coming out when I got it !
Just crap ! sent it back and got a tourmaster air intake II jacket . Comes with two liners and with both in I rode for hrs in forty degree weather . Both liners out I'm fine in ninety degree eighty percent humidity .
Some will say and of course I agree it is not as good as a nice leather jacket but leather down here will just melt you in no time flat . Maybe just me but I need ventilation in south Florida .

ps.....I see you live in Los Alamos home of the nuclear bomb and many tests so if you have like eight arms and four legs it might be difficult to find a jacket that fits :rofl:

Last edited:
Bro , I have a Brand new Speed and strength moment of truth SP textile, size XXL . Its black and white in color . Brand new . I'm 6'2 225 and it fits perfect.. $125.00 TYD Good luck on whatever you decide , But wear your gear.. College students get hurt too, Just dont ride without it !! " I use too " But all it takes is 1 second and the broke college student can really be broke " broken " .. I see you have a jacket ( old one ) is better than None.. Sorry man I dont mean to preach - I just hate someone getting hurt when it could be prevented or doing all you can to help yourself ..

Wow guys, thanks for all the responses. I am going to be looking in all the places you recommended.

Bro , I have a Brand new Speed and strength moment of truth SP textile, size XXL . Its black and white in color . Brand new . I'm 6'2 225 and it fits perfect.. $125.00 TYD Good luck on whatever you decide , But wear your gear.. College students get hurt too, Just dont ride without it !! " I use too " But all it takes is 1 second and the broke college student can really be broke " broken " .. I see you have a jacket ( old one ) is better than None.. Sorry man I dont mean to preach - I just hate someone getting hurt when it could be prevented or doing all you can to help yourself ..

Yep, I always wear my gear... Thats how I was brought up since I was a kid starting on a little 125... I sport my older worn out blue/black AGV Suzuki Mat Mladin leather jacket, cortech armored gloves, scorpion exo helmet, and steel toes.

Looking at the sizing chart, your moment of truth jacket might work very well. I think I might want to stop into the motorsports shop and try on some jackets to make sure it does, though. I will let you know asap.

ps.....I see you live in Los Alamos home of the nuclear bomb and many tests so if you have like eight arms and four legs it might be difficult to find a jacket that fits :rofl:

:rofl: nope, luckily I only have two arms and three legs ;)
I do, however, glow in the dark. It works quite well for visability! No need for reflective striping on the jacket!! :laugh:

I'm actually quite surprised you know about Los Alamos... When I was a kid I lived in Santa Fe (an hour drive away) and I was about to be moving up to Los Alamos. I remember telling people where I was moving, and would get back: "where is that?" "whats there?" "big scientific lab whaaaaa?" and lots of these: ???
All I would say is "yeah.... you know.... that little ol' place that made sure you wouldnt be speaking JAPANESE today.... nothing major..."

I have a brand new size 46 black/grey/ silver lettering with small hump... AGV busa jacket for sale similiar to the one on ebay above for $130 plus shipping! Pm me if interested! fore arm protectio, shoulder pads, and its leather!

Awesome. Like I said to PocketRocket, I'll go try on jackets to make sure I know my right size, and let you know. Although 46 might be a bit small for me... But we will see! Thanks a lot!

I'm very familar with Los Alamos and 'The Men who Brought the Dawn'
Study military history . Oppenheimer was a Genius but it was Einstein who convinced our govt at the time we better step it up before Hitler attached an atomic bomb to one of his weapons .

So I went and sized jackets today... Looks like a 2x should work well for me.

Thanks for your offer Warbird, but I think your jacket would be too small for me.

PocketRocket- PM'd

Back