Warning to all

Status
Not open for further replies.
guns.gif
As much as I would like to support board sponsors stories like this make me leary of buying from anyone that I don't know.
Tango1300 is not (nor has he been) a board sponsor at Hayabusa.org.
+1

Rest assured that CAp puts the Members first when bringing a Sponsor onboard.

I've met Dave in person several times, even bought a trailer from him, kept his word, went out of his way to help me out, seemed like a stand-up guy.  Went riding down in Austin, definitely knows what he's talking about.

Regardless of what happen in other forums, he is a member here...so IMO unless he's done something wrong here, leave the guy alone.  If we brought up dirt from the past on people here, who would we have left to trust?  Innocent until proven guilty...
+1

And Big D the Alarm that he was selling is for real other places sell it not saying it is better than the one you bought just saying it is a real product.

As I said, let's not throw the baby out with the bath water here. If he has done something wrong here and somehow thrown members under the bus somehow, then he will be dealt with; but let's not assume that he is some sort of mass murderer - that is all I am saying. It is a great point that we would find a lot of things that we wouldn't like by digging into someone's past... Caveat Emptor, certainly applies, however, let's not publicly excecute a guy who has not been giving the chance to defend himself.

no one here has said anything negative yet. We're still waiting for his reply. If what he did was true, he will never see a dime from me and I'm sure I speak for quite a few. I can forgive but I can't and won't forget!!
Exactly TY and Shawn, thanks to friends that have made bad decisions I have been wrongly caught up in a "witch hunt" before and it is not fun.

I hope that you guys take the time, read the threads, and educate yourselves BEFORE you jump to a conclusion in any situation.

Remember someones word is only as good the paper that you print it on, there are people out there on every board that have split personalities and an excuse for everything.

Just because someone claims innocence or cries wolf doesn't mean its all true.

I was aware the product was real....but Im stating that, those who bought/had system installed by Mr. Wilks mite have more to worry about than some stranger makin off w.their bikes....ever heard of the Safe installers who come back later, break rite in take everything inside??? car/bike alarm places have tip-off conartists too...Im stating that I KNOW that is what is going to happen-I just worry that it MIGHT, looking back at several of the other threads where Mr. Wilks was involved with STOLEN PROPERTY being either in his direct possession, or having been sold BY him to another individual...go do the reading and draw your own opinion as I did.
lurk.gif

guns.gif
As much as I would like to support board sponsors stories like this make me leary of buying from anyone that I don't know.
+1

The original post indicated that he was from July 1 through August 1, I was just going by that. Soffy if I reacted to something that is not true...

Its a small WWW (world), you never know who know who. Think before you speak (hit enter) or screw someone over online, cuz it will only come back to haunt you later (found acidentally by a forum search or tripped over from a google search)!

Wonder who the annonymous user is who is following this thread? Something smells to me!
rock.gif

guns.gif
+1

The original post indicated that he was from July 1 through August 1, I was just going by that.  Soffy if I reacted to something that is not true...
The original post was in reference to his being a sponsor at ExtremeBusa

No harm, I could see where it might have been confusing so I wanted to make sure I clarified it.

no one here has said anything negative yet. We're still waiting for his reply. If  what he did was true, he will never see a dime from me and I'm sure I speak for quite a few. I can forgive but I can't and won't forget!!
Exactly TY and Shawn, thanks to friends that have made bad decisions I have been wrongly caught up in a "witch hunt" before and it is not fun.

I hope that you guys take the time, read the threads, and educate yourselves BEFORE you jump to a conclusion in any situation.

Remember someones word is only as good the paper that you print it on, there are people out there on every board that have split personalities and an excuse for everything.

Just because someone claims innocence or cries wolf doesn't mean its all true.
Concur no " witch hunts "

Well well... I see the witch hunt continues again. I just received the PM this morning as I have not been online .ORG for a while due to family issues and not riding my Busa much.

Let me clear up a few misconceptions immediately. Big D: The Phantom Tracking systems once installed by me are not tracked by me nor do I have access to any knowledge of their whereabouts. That is strictly controlled by the parent company exclusively. Not even the owner has the ability to track the bike.

Yes, I have been in trouble with the law. I have been in jail before too several years ago as a result from not having the financial wherewithall to produce the attorney fees necessary to aquit me of the accusations against me. In other cases, specifically the Subaru case I did indeed sell parts from that car that I did indeed know were off a car that was reported stolen. Judge me if you wish but I have paid out over $60K in legal fees, fines, travel expenses and loss of wages due to the $1500 in parts I sold. Certainly a poor decision. The truth surrounding the issue there was that my brother's best friend asked him to pick his car up from the mall where he was working as his girlfriend was coming to get him. While my brother was driving the car home, Chris called the car in stolen because he wanted a Lightning and was tired of the WRX. Once my brother was home with the car, he was informed the car was marked as a stolen and left it in the apartment parking lot for almost 3 months!! Fearing that my little brother was going to get in trouble, I decided to move the car to a field behind the boat shop. After a longer time I removed parts from it and sold them.

From that one issue, many people have used my admittance to guilt as a platform to say I am scamming people out of money, parts or services. The internet forum frenzy takes a life and just as I can see in this thread, many jump on and immediately assume I am ready to rip off the next innocent bystander... thus the jumping to the conclusion that I sell tracking systems so I can later steal the bike. Completely unfounded and ludicrous... but the same fever that starts the virus as has happened on many threads. The real truth is there are many individuals in the past year who were direct competitors to my shop who would do absolutely anything to discredit me as the performance levels of the cars I built far exceeded their abilities. Interesting enough, my brother and his shop are one of the greatest contributors to the Subaru and Evo World now as is evidenced on Speed Channel Redline TV this past week.

Anyone who has met me and who knows me, knows that I contribute to the motorcycle world everything I can. In fact, the same BBS I had hope to help with the Mileage Challenge is the first BBS I ever posted about my Busa. I loved the Mileage Challenge last year and it fueled my addiction to riding. I offered to help and to take the challenge over since I saw a lack of interest. I solicited to companies to receive parts to distribute to those who participated but found many people using photoshop to change their mileage and those who were not contributing so I let the concept of my efforts die. I never received anything from anyone on behalf of the Mileage Challenge yet it sure has been referenced in this WitchHunt as if it were my intention.

For the EBC Texas Hayabusa Riders event, I donated parts I bought with my own hard earned money. I think it was brakes, a sprocket and something else I cannot recall. I didn't buy a raffle ticket because I wanted to support the event, not profit from it. When I started working for a dealer, I had the intention of supporting members by offering better prices on new Busas, but the dealer had other monetary ideas. So I withdrew that support even after receiving permission from the dealer then having it taken away when they saw the demand for the new bikes.

When one of our own members came to town and needed a break from family issues... I took the time off of work and drove him around town and to the track for a day, even offering use of my Hayabusa.

The truth is that many people can speculate, Witch Hunt and post old threads that I am involved in all sorts of BS. The real truth is quite a distance from the accusations. Yes I screwed up. Yes, I have been in trouble before. Yes I am working on a new cruise control system which several people have seen and witnessed working. I am working with the manufacturer to develop one specific for motorcycles that is not for cars since no one has done this yet. The original system I used is no longer made nor available anywhere... so at my own expense, over $2000.00 invested in it so far, I am almost finished and will have the systems by Christmas for sale.

So, flame me, ban me or come ride with me... I judge none of you here and hope my future with the .Org will continue to be a fun experience.

Here is my personal Cell # if you wish to ask any questions.

832-818-6931

David

thank you for clearing up my misconceptions about the Phantom Tracking systems.
beerchug.gif

i sincerely hope your future business decisions/dealings bring you more satisfaction than grief

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back