WANTED: Aftermarket Fairing Reviews

SSGT_B

Registered
Who have you used in the past, would you use them again? About how much did you spend? What did you like or dislike about them?

I’m in the market for a set of fairings and wanted to make a single thread of what people have tried and such. I see some kits come with tank covers. Do they mount easy and look factory when done? My bike needs a repaint and has a few broken tabs in places. Also the last owner did the frame sliders and cut the holes wrong. I can’t pony up for new ones and paint so aftermarket is my option. Thanks

I ordered some off ebay, and they were great, except that they didn't come with the hump or gas tank cover. Went back to the company and they sold me those, but the colors didn't match up exactly. As far as quality, I was pleased, except I had to do some shaving to get the rear light to fit. All said and done I think it was about $700 for everything. I would definitly use again, just make sure to order all the pieces next time. These are the ones I got:

http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-5...0001&campid=5337943218&icep_item=142861882653

I was extremely pleased with Monster Fairings. I mean honestly my issue (this is me) is that I am extremely picky. When my fairings arrived I scrutinized every part and piece expecting OE quality (I feel I was at least entitled to think that they would be close due to the advertised claims). Paint quality was good but with minor issues and I think the average person would be able to look past these little issues like the occasional dust spec, little clear coat runs. I wet sanded and polished and it resolved 90% of the issues. I reached back and they were more than happy to make right and replace the defected parts but I quickly learned that the parts they paint are done in small batches. This is good and this is bad, Good because the
From my experience the best thing to do is to pick a design and have them leave off the branding decals.
They clear over the entire assembly so by having them leave off the logos it allows for stickers to be added after the production and changed as deemed necessary (tapeworks is great for this)

I have wondered why you guys go this route so I looked up Gen 1 prices , and these have been lowered by 10% from original . 2007 year model for grins . Nose $427 , Tail same $427 , Right side $787 , left side $776
These are the pieces usually needed . Gen 2 I thought was expensive , but Gen 1 is more .
a Nose for a Gen 2 same site is $391 / Tail is $292 / sides are two piece so $410 , and 184 to make a complete side on gen 2

Back