want to take weight off of the bus

bus luster

Registered
I want to take some weight off the bus when I get one. Besides an aftermarket exhaust, which I hope will save 20 lbs., are there any other good was to take weight off
biggrin.gif

Remove the Bar-end weights, replace stock rims with aftermarket rims, Remove foot peg rubber/weight, grab-rail removal, Install custom titanium bolts, replace sub-frame with earlier model /(7lbs saved) etc....

Salads, no carbs, etc. etc....

different carbon fibers accessories and the like. pair mod. whole lotta stuff you can do.

Exhaust first, wheels, brakes can be lightened with high quality components( Brembo calipers & fly cut disks ) if $ are not an issue.;)

I think I'm gonna add a carbon fiber gas tank this winter if I feel like spending that much money.
Should be good for a few pounds.

the rims are marvic. I could have gone with cf if i had wanted to... but listen , for everyday street riding the magnesiums are still very very light, within a few ounces of carbon, and ALOT STRONGER and ALOT MORE DURABLE. a buddy of mine hit a rock on his cf rims, and hes out 2500 bucks! oh yea, for 1800 or so you can get a PAIR of these from WWW.TRICKTAPE.COM

as for the bodywork, its made by SEBIMOTO and sold only thru www.yoyodyneti.com (ask for Fred and tell him nick senta ya.) the whole kits is about 2600. the fit and finish SUCKS compared to stock bodywork. its RACE BODYWORK and it doesnt fit perfectly, there are hard to spot imperfections all around, and other wierd poop, and it cracks very easily... and you have to drill it yourself (did i just drill that in the wrong spot?
AAAssjani.gif
) HOWEVER, overall it looks bitchin, and the bike is NOTICEBLY LIGHTER... if you want bling, this isnt for you, if you want FUNCITONAL BEAUTY then this is the best poop on earth.

and there you have it.

the fit and finish SUCKS compared to stock bodywork. its RACE BODYWORK and it doesnt fit perfectly, there are hard to spot imperfections all around, and other wierd poop, and it cracks very easily... and you have to drill it yourself if you want bling, this isnt for you, if you want FUNCITONAL BEAUTY then this is the best poop on earth.
Thanks Nick.......you just made my mind up for me.........yer bike is awesome........but I think I'll stick to just the CF tank instead of the whole body.
Thanks for the info.
Bill
thumbs-up.gif

Back