Want to move back east for racing - any advice

Robudda

Registered
OK, Kinda not race related but actually is. Wife and I are looking to buy an Acre or 2 of property to build hopefully our last home, posting this in a few places to get opinions. Since east coast has their drag race game on (Not just Bikes , but I have a 65 Mustang I plan on building for Drag and Drives / Possible No Prep). We are thinking building back east. In Utah we currently have a lake view (Not on the lake, just a view of the lake), and my wife would still like a water view of some sort. It would be easy to say buy right in the middle of all the series, but based on the series you all like and race in, what are some good general locations to have an acre or 2 of property. My initial thoughts are North and South Carolina, but would consider other states and areas in such states.

South and southwest Va have low cost of living, beautiful countryside and mountains, and there are several tracks within a few hours drive.
NC and SC are really nice too, and have their high and low costs of living depending on location.
All the major cities and suburbs are expensive, vs much cheaper in most of the counties.
I live 5 minutes from Leesville lake, which is basically a water holding tank for Smith Mountain lake, several miles up the Roanoke/Staunton river, and where alot of celebrities and athletes have vacation homes.
These are in Pittslyvannia, Campbell, and Bedford county Va.
I'm also 30 minutes south of Lynchburg, Va, home to Liberty University, and the whole area is scenic, affordable, and has a very low crime rate.
The closest quartermile track is a couple hours east in Petersburg Va, with 2 local 8th mile tracks closing in the last couple years.
The bike riding through the Blue Ridge Parkway is great as well(30 minutes away)

South and southwest Va have low cost of living, beautiful countryside and mountains, and there are several tracks within a few hours drive.
NC and SC are really nice too, and have their high and low costs of living depending on location.
All the major cities and suburbs are expensive, vs much cheaper in most of the counties.
I live 5 minutes from Leesville lake, which is basically a water holding tank for Smith Mountain lake, several miles up the Roanoke/Staunton river, and where alot of celebrities and athletes have vacation homes.
These are in Pittslyvannia, Campbell, and Bedford county Va.
I'm also 30 minutes south of Lynchburg, Va, home to Liberty University, and the whole area is scenic, affordable, and has a very low crime rate.
The closest quartermile track is a couple hours east in Petersburg Va, with 2 local 8th mile tracks closing in the last couple years.
The bike riding through the Blue Ridge Parkway is great as well(30 minutes away)
Thanks, You are the second person to mention Virginia. Will start checking this area also.

I'd look at western NC...well, sort of Western, NC is a bit weird in its layout, so not the full western corner. Something in the Lake Norman to Mooresville area. Good proximity to mountains or beach, moderate weather, and reasonable costs.

As for racing, Mooresville and Shady side are in the area, albeit "outlaw" tracks and not the greatest for going fast. ZMAx is in Charlotte, but the aren't really open to the public unfortunately. Rockingham, Piedmont, Galot, Darlington, are all within reach, along with House of Hook near Augusta GA, as well as a few others.

If you aren't looking to be in a town or city, there are lots of cost effective options in NC.

Moving back east for your racing passion sounds like an exciting plan. North and South Carolina are great options with a thriving drag race scene. The Carolinas offer a nice mix of racing opportunities and potential for a water view.
If you're considering other states, don't forget to check out Georgia, Florida, and even Virginia. They all have their fair share of drag racing events and beautiful spots for a home with a water view.
When I had to move, I found great moving tips on the Three Movers website. You might want to check out their average cost at threemovers.com to help with your moving plans.

Moving back east for your racing passion sounds like an exciting plan. North and South Carolina are great options with a thriving drag race scene. The Carolinas offer a nice mix of racing opportunities and potential for a water view.
If you're considering other states, don't forget to check out Georgia, Florida, and even Virginia. They all have their fair share of drag racing events and beautiful spots for a home with a water view.
When I had to move, I found great moving tips on the Three Movers website. You might want to check out their average cost at threemovers.com to help with your moving plans.
Awesome Thanks, Just got back from visiting Florida for a couple weeks. Had a good time but don't think living there is in my cards. But will be open to the Carolinas, Tennessee, etc.

Back