Want to make your own parts?

fallenarch

THE SLOW RIDER
Registered
Ever spend hours in the garage fabrication brackets that end up looking home made? I was looking for a solution and I found these guys. Not sure if they are a good choice as I haven't tried them but I think I'm going to give them a try.

Free CAD Design Software | eMachineShop

If anyone has any information on them let me know!

Please let us know how it turns out if you use it. I'm always doing that, with varied success:)

That outfit has been recommended to me. It will cost a few bucks but it would save a huge amount of time. You design yourself with the CAD software and they'll carve it for you. It's at your door in a few days. There's no replacement for doing cardboard mockups though. It's awful hard to draw something perfectly until you know the correct angles and bolthole positions. After the mockup stage, you can get your DIY part perfect by heating and bending aluminum from the hardware store but it will never look as sharp as something cut with a lathe and it will take quite a bit of time.

If I ever do something like the yellow bike, please someone shoot me. 36" over....
the funny part is.... aggressive DRAG bikes NEED to be long... however, said drag bikes have untold thousands of dollars in motor/suspension mods... and countless hours of dial in time invested into the bike.... the irony of these modern super stretched street bikes is that a lot of these guys truly wanna believe they have a grudge bike from hell... and their bike LOOKS killer.... ALL on a stock motor busa/ not even any spray in most cases.... the sad part is that we may never get these squids to understand... what they WANT the bike to be and WHAT IT ACTUALLY IS are 2 different things... ya gotta pay the WHOLE COST to be the boss... don't make yourself look like a jackass.

This is what 3D printers are for! Model it, print it, iterate revisions rapidly and then go to production.
20170128_123731.jpg
20170129_104124.jpg

Would something that you printed like that be strong enough for a given task on the bike?
I've had those mirror spacers on for almost 2 years now, and they were my "prototypes". For something like these you can get away with that. But my initial point was that you can rapidly iterate many revisions in very little time, for very little money, prior to making real working parts.

Thanks. Never played with a 3D printer. Didn’t know how strong the material was that came out of them was.

Back