Vman's surgery

Thanks for the updates Kevin...

Always in my thoughts and prayers, 'til you're completely cancer free my friend
smile.gif

Chemo starts at High Noon tomorrow. It will be a 5 hour treatment.....

I hope and pray the side effects are not too bad.

(BusaWhipped @ Oct. 04 2007,11:36) Hate for all that hair of yours to fall out
laugh.gif
Onc even comment on that yesterday, lol.

I asked him if my dream of being a speedo model was over.....his reply, it was over many, many years ago...

jump9.gif

(vman1300 @ Oct. 04 2007,10:54)
laugh.gif

I asked him if my dream of being a speedo model was over.....his reply, it was over many, many years ago...

jump9.gif
jump9.gif
Hope everything goes well for you bro.

jump9.gif

(vman1300 @ Oct. 04 2007,10:54)
laugh.gif

jump9.gif
Like I tell everyone, why settle for a 6 pack when you can have the whole keg
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

(vman1300 @ Oct. 04 2007,10:37) Chemo starts at High Noon tomorrow. It will be a 5 hour treatment.....

I hope and pray the side effects are not too bad.
We will be thinking and praying for ya Kevin.

Well all I am at home and resting good. The waiting for the medicine to go into your body is the worst. just setting, and setting......for hours.....

I feel fine right now, but I know I may feel worse tomorrow. From what I have been told it hits ya bad the 2 days after.

I hope and pray it is not too bad.....

i continue to pray for you that this will be as easy as possible and complete healing and recovery comes quickly

Kevin, I admire your desire to live, fight and be free. You are truly an inspiration to others to maintain that positive kickass attitude and belief, true belief. My father as you may recall went thru this same thing, started out colon cancer...years later his went to prostate, fought and won that. Last year they found cancer running rampant thru his body, lymph nodes, liver, stomach etc.. chemo and radiation heavily for a few weeks, then he had a heart attack. He was so weak and ready to give when I finally able to get him on the phone, I let him hear his granddaughters voice, of course she's too young to talk, but her baby babble is something he hadn't heard previously. He never even met her at this time. We made the trip to see him and his eyes lit up like a Christmas tree. We had a lengthy conversation about him needing to fight, and all that was good in my life as he raised my brother and I. That was in May-June this year, and now he's "cancer free", and back at work putting in over 60hrs a week again. I wonder if he had your desire if he wouldn't have made it so far down the ladder, but we'll never know. Important thing is he, like you, found his reason to fight. Keep that in your vision as you have and focus on it. My family will continue to pray for you and your family.

Sincerly,

Charlie

Thanks Charlie.

I know I am in a battle for my life and I am not going down without a fight. Today is the finaly day of my 1st chemo treatment, and the worst one so far. I am so tired....

When you are faced with situations like this you have 2 choices, to fight or give up. I have way to much to live for and I know God is not done with me yet. The hardest part is watching the effect this is having on my wife...that hurts more than anything.

I know I can beath this with my Saviors help and he gave me peace about having Cancer on August 14th.

BELIEVE!

That's an amazing story Charlie; just so great to hear of stories like that of your father
smile.gif

Kevin, I was thinking about you last night, wondering how the chemo was going. I know you're tired, but you're getting through it all.

Give my best to your wife; she's in my thoughts and prayers as well...hang in there.
please.gif

Kevin make sure you listen to your doctors. You're a smart dude. Your system is being killed to kill the cancer. So stay away from people until you finish up and stay healthy friend. See you in April
ThumbsUp.gif

I'm so sorry I somehow missed this thread.

I pray that God blesses you and your family, and that He gives you all the strength that you need to quickly recover.

Back