View points

Bumblebee

Donating Member
Registered
//rant on//

I started this thread as we have a real myriad of people within this site from all walks of life who have completely different view points and one thing in common-the Hayabusa motorcycle (whether still owning one or not).

In the end, it doesn't matter what race, ethnic background, color, religion, country of origin, sexual orientation we are-we share a common interest and should be growing and building from that interest.

A couple threads relating to gun ownership and race have spiralled out of control and had to disappear....

I personally have no other social media and a I know a few others here who share this. I don't go into other social media as it is strife with drama and well..... "crap", I'd hate to see this media platform follow suit. The owner Cap does a great service to us who are privileged enough to be posting on this forum.

I think respect and courtesy needs to be extended to everyone equally. Controversy is good and often times a good 'ol fashioned keyboard "butt kicking" is fun but when people are getting isolated and frustrated to the point of wanting to leave the forum, the line has to be drawn.

We are all mature, responsible people here who need to police ourselves and be thankful we have somewhere like this to be a part of.

//rant out//

I hear you brother. But with what's going on in the world you have to expect it to come in here at least a little bit. These are interesting times indeed. But personally I would rather nobody like me for who I am than to have everyone love me for who I'm not. So even though I know it's not going to change a mind and may offend a few others, I do step in on things that I feel mischaracterize events and history.

I think whoever removed some of those threads it was good for the board. The extremist will continue on in PM's, but maybe that's the right place for that sort of thing.

Anyway I feel what you are saying and you are right.

I'm glad the posts were deleted. I get enough politics from the news and other platforms. I did chime in because I am passionate about the events going on. I tried to ignore opposing posts but just couldn't always do so.

I was thinking of taking a break from here for a while but not now. There are other platforms to argue politics, race, and current events.

I'm glad the posts were deleted. I get enough politics from the news and other platforms. I did chime in because I am passionate about the events going on. I tried to ignore opposing posts but just couldn't always do so.

I was thinking of taking a break from here for a while but not now. There are other platforms to argue politics, race, and current events.
Stay with us....we can have a good time here.

I for one appreciate your opposing viewpoints, and I think that our (your and my) ability to agree to disagree is beneficial. I hope you don't leave.

I for one appreciate your opposing viewpoints, and I think that our (your and my) ability to agree to disagree is beneficial. I hope you don't leave.
Yeah you @fallenarch were the ones I had most discussions with. Plus a couple of emails. I don't mind at times but certainly did not have the time that you two had to dispute things. The back and forth on threads kind of wears on me. Guess I'm getting old.

I know we will not change each others minds but some valid points were made on both sides. Other than that you two seem smart and cool and are probably better contributors than me on the technical side.

At least one of my posts was deleted from here
I did stay away for a while
But I got over myself
and I'd like to say thanks to all the members, administrators, moderators, and of course captain, for making this forum an exceptional place to hang out, share, listen and learn.
#CompassionWorks

While you are totally wrong on politics :D, I have come to respect you and how we were able to leave it in the Politics thread. That's a sign of intelligence and a person that knows opinions are like arseholes.... This place has it's moments, but they mostly pass. I have stepped away many times over the years too.

Yeah you @fallenarch were the ones I had most discussions with. Plus a couple of emails. I don't mind at times but certainly did not have the time that you two had to dispute things. The back and forth on threads kind of wears on me. Guess I'm getting old.

I know we will not change each others minds but some valid points were made on both sides. Other than that you two seem smart and cool and are probably better contributors than me on the technical side.
I stopped engaging with some members, but I've always felt that our interactions have been respectful and productive. Perhaps not changing minds per se, but as you said, acknowledgement of valid points is important.
You contribute plenty on the technical side as well, and your pushing me to get my bike running is helpful.

Politics (and religion and sexuality) have a way of creating divides that will never change. It is why the 'greatest generation' always stated that these three topics should never be discussed in public. It wasn't that long ago that telling another person how you voted was outrageous. Wish it still was....

The worst part of all of this is that it distracts us and takes us away from the focus on our common enemy: the ZX-14 rider. :devil:

I owned one of those once too so I can kid... please don't tell anyone though.

While you are totally wrong on politics :D, I have come to respect you and how we were able to leave it in the Politics thread. That's a sign of intelligence and a person that knows opinions are like arseholes.... This place has it's moments, but they mostly pass. I have stepped away many times over the years too.
I stopped engaging with some members, but I've always felt that our interactions have been respectful and productive. Perhaps not changing minds per se, but as you said, acknowledgement of valid points is important.
You contribute plenty on the technical side as well, and your pushing me to get my bike running is helpful.
I meant to ask. What is wrong with your Busa?

I don't know if any of my posts were ever deleted. Do you get a notice telling you your post was deleted?

I found the discussion of the protests and surrunding events to be most engaging and informative. It's not something I discuss a whole lot on FB because all the people who disagree with me over there would take it personally not to mention, it's probably just not a good idea to air my personal views where I'm can't do so anonymously. All I can do on FB is agree with friends posts. When it comes to disagreeing on friends posts, you how that goes most of the time. I liked that we were able to agree or disagree and discuss in depth. I'll miss those threads if they're gone now. That was the main way I was keeping current on the whole issue. It was an intelligent discussion between several people. Of course emotions rise at times but nothing was out of hand.

I just was going by what was said in this thread. I'm sure there are political forums where these topic can be discussed until exhaustion.

Back