Very Sad News

sorry, but he gets no sympathy from me. one less squid to make us all look like asses in my opinion.
Bro that's really insensitive man.  Squid or not, someone's son, brother, friend is gone.  It wasn't like he broke a leg man he's gone/dead/not coming back.  Show a little more respect, next time it could be you.

BD
DITTO... if it was someone u know u wouldnt say that, always sad to hear of a misfortune.. we all love motorcycles or we wouldnt ride!

It's always sad when a fellow rider goes down. I have sympathy for his friends and family.

When you choose to do stunts and add more danger to an already dangerous passion that we all share, eventually it will jump up and bite you, just as it did this kid.

Tragic...
evil.gif

My condolences go out to his family and friends. He did something stupid and it caught up with him. He was taken out of the game, but it sounds like he was a great friend to all which can't be said for a lot of people that are left around!

damn, i sure did stir this one up.

i know i may seem like a cold hearted ####, but when you live in squidville USA (Tampa) it comes with the territory. flip flops, wife beater, shorts, and sunglasses seem to be the safety gear of choice down here. so when a squid bites it running from the cops or doing wheelies on the freeway, it usually isn't pretty.

it also seems like more and more of these wannabe stunters are making the news in a bad way. in doing so they are harming the thing i love and ruining it for the rest of us. when i get eyed by the police they don't see an enthusiast anymore, they see some wheelie machine of death that may swerve and run their family off the road at some point.

i have no tolerance for actions that weaken the already tarnished view of motorcyclists, particularly the sportbikers.

damn, i sure did stir this one up.

i know i may seem like a cold hearted ####, but when you live in squidville USA (Tampa) it comes with the territory. flip flops, wife beater, shorts, and sunglasses seem to be the safety gear of choice down here. so when a squid bites it running from the cops or doing wheelies on the freeway, it usually isn't pretty.

it also seems like more and more of these wannabe stunters are making the news in a bad way. in doing so they are harming the thing i love and ruining it for the rest of us. when i get eyed by the police they don't see an enthusiast anymore, they see some wheelie machine of death that may swerve and run their family off the road at some point.

i have no tolerance for actions that weaken the already tarnished view of motorcyclists, particularly the sportbikers.
I understand that man I see it too. But, like it was mentioned in someone elses response the same could be said for one of us cruising down the freeway at 160mph plus. I know I'm guilty of the same. But, I also see you point it's like do you feel sympathy for the drunk driver who kills himself after running into a guard rail? Most of us would say hell no, but the fact remains someone is gone and whether it was their fault or not if they weren't trying to intentionally injure someone we should be more sympathetic. If that was your brother (friend/father) doing wheelies on the freeway and died, what would you do if someone approached you and said good riddens he made us look bad!! Don't think the outcome would be pretty. Just my .02 bro, we live and learn.

BD

seems like 90% of you all complain about no gear wearers, and stunters... I guess it's different cuz he's dead.

I hate that he's dead.. I have much rather seen him rashed bad enough that he either quite riding, or bought (and used) his gear.

Thats the way it goes.. the way they talked it didn't sound like it would have mattered if he'd had gear or not though.

Ok I am mixed here. I am sad that anyone has to loose their life but more for those that cared about him. But don't kid yourself, this guy was doing something stupid and paid the price.

Is he an ass, mayby maybe not. But he was acting like an ass, gear or nor gear, and making us all look bad though. Stupid is as stupid does. Maybe his death will wake up the rest of his stunting idot friends. Keep that crap off of the street you jerks.

Still sorry for the loss of life. Godspeed.

Unfortunatly, the way this story reads... he could have been wearing the best gear out and he'd still wouldn't have made it. Common Sense is really what was missing in this situation. 340 @ Hapers Ferry is overloaded with LEO. And no drawers?!?! WOW

Condolences to friends and family...it is sad losing a fellow biker.

My prayers go out to his family and friends. What's even more sad is that some people can be so insensitive of another person's death. At some time in our lives we have done stupid things and sometimes continue to do so. Granted that it may not cost you your life, but damn that's really fugged when people can't share any sympathy for the dead...
sad.gif

Brian

DC area web sites are reporting that it may have been part of a "documentary" that a Baltimore-based company Holding It Big was filming...

I'm sure the guys that perform the stunts have riders sign waivers, but I wonder what kinds of lawsuits and liability will come from this, if any of that rumor's true...

Still sad, but I've got to say that if this was being done for profit, my hope and wish is that these guys/gals would take more precautions and do it away from traffic...create as safe of an environment as you can, safe being a subjective thing I suppose, and then make your films...kids thrive on the adrenaline of this "sport"...I don't see it going away...

Careful how you judge others... Other none-Busa riders think we're a little crazy and careless ourselves. None-riders completely think we're stupid once they learn what the Busa is and can do.

Regardless of some of you (Lucky Devil) think about the actions of this kid, he's still a brother. There are already so few of us (riders), wave to the next one you pass (whether it's sportsbike or cruiser).

Yeah, Midnight Ranger's Sister Christian was playing in my MP3.... hence I think appropriately, "Motoring. What's your price for flight...".

I think it is a tragedy.  Maybe many would not ride half naked doing a wheelie, but we all have probably done something stupid on our bikes for a split second or longer.  You may go over the speed limit by 10 miles an hour on the highway.  The authorities tell us that 55 or 65 depending on where you ride is the "safe" speed.  We ride according to our ability and within what we think is reasonable.  He may have thought pulling a wheelie on 340 was reasonable.  I have not and I have been riding for over 20 years.  When I was 21, I might have tried it.  I can remember riding shirtless after coming from the gym from Hyattsville to Baltimore on my cruiser with no helmet because there was not helmet law back then.  In hind sight was that stupid, heck yea.  Would I do it now, heck no.  Most of us get wiser as we get older.  It is an unfortunate symptom of being young and doing things that when you get 20 years older you view as not wise.  All I am saying is you should feel remorse, and try your best to talk sense into younger ones who share the same love of riding on two wheels.  I live to ride, and ride to live.

Smoke D

sad.gif

Based on some of the comments about the guy getting what he deserves, I guess I was wrong about some on this board.  I thought we had all taken out babies to near 200mph and nearly pinched the top of our seats off with a bung hole cramp.

I was wrong since some of the members on this board always obey the speed limit, never pop it up on one wheel (whether intentional or not) or take their 1300cc to the max occassionally.  I apologize, because if there are some of you who do and are saying this guy was an idiot hmmmmm does the word hypocrit mean anything to you.  Nope I wouldn't pull (nor can a real one anyway) pull a wheelie w/o gear, but I sure have been at 175 with gear and believe me w/o your guardian angel, going down at that sped you could have knight's armor on and it won't matter.  Just remember fellas we've all done stupid things before, that is unless you've always been a good lil perfect angel on the 1300.

<!--EDIT|BigDawg_03Busa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1095181239 -->

Unfortunately, I think everyone has different responses to these stories depending on the circumstances, myself included...

If this alleged stunter had killed a pedestrian, I'd be on the "don't feel sorry for him" band wagon...so many times, innocent people die due to someone else's mistakes, and that is so hard to forgive...

If this 21 yr old had been offered money by some company to do some stupid naked stunt ala MTV's 'Jackass', and died trying to fulfill expectations, then I feel sorry for him 'cause who wouldn't want to be cool and have some cash to boot?  Another tragic stunt gone bad?

Bottom line is that another young rider is gone and there are friends and family grieving for him...no one should ever forget that things like this are always tragic, myself included 'cause I've jumped up and judged more than I should in the past...I really do wish that things like this just didn't happen anymore, but that's a mute point...we'll be debating this topic each and every time it's posted...there's just no definitive line on stunters/risk takers on bikes...we are all risk takers in the eyes of many...

<!--EDIT|VaBusa
Reason for Edit: "spelling issues"|1095185130 -->

sorry, but he gets no sympathy from me. one less squid to make us all look like asses in my opinion.
Yes,

I agree with you.  I'm sick of these idiots. But at the same time I feel sad for his family and friends.

When somthing like this happens, all you can do is hope people see it, hear about it and most importantly, learn from it.

<!--EDIT|FinalSpin
Reason for Edit: None given...|1095186792 -->

too bad... at least he died doing what he loved to do. (not sure about the naked part)

- insert rude comment here -

- edit post here -

say what you want. dont be shy....

btw, that would be one more squid to make you look like an ass...

Back