Very Sad News

Anyway,

5 days ago a we had some people on our highway 75 central that were doing wheeles and fronties on the highway around 9p.m.  3 of them to be exact
one of the had a minor crash, thankfully he was'nt hurt that bad, lucky for him.  
as i rode to work the next day on my bike, the Dallas cops seemed to set up a trap, not a speed trap, but a sport bike trap.  I was going with the flow of traffic and got pulled over.  He said it was for not using my signal, (I always use my signal, always!!!)  anyway he wrote me a $96 ticket, and told me I should find another form of transportation.
This was really eating at me.  2 days later i say this post and expressed some views out of anger.  
I'm a pretty safe rider, i like some speed, but im not in to stuntng, and if i do get the urge to stunt, i go out in the country roads, or in a parking lot after hrs.  I just hate the bad wrap we get because of the ill resp. few.  

Now that ive cooled down, I hope he Rests in peace!
Another class thread I see.  We have to get smarter folks.

But anyway, I will stay out of the compassion question regarding stunt riders who crash. I have mixed feelings about it. But if someone dies, I will at least feel sorry for those who loved him, even if I know he asked for it to a degree.

But I will make a comment about the attached quote. If police set a trap, targeted you, made up probable cause and fabricated a crime, your anger is sadly misdirected. What they have done is illegal and imoral. Just because they lied and gave you an illegal ticket, I doubt that you believe ALL cops are crooked. By the same logic, not all sportbike riders are stunters. I understand cracking down in a troubled area, but they should have watched you and only bothered you if you did something illegal.

<marquee>JOKE ALERT....JOKE ALERT...JOKE ALERT...JOKE ALERT...JOKE ALERT</marquee>

I am also glad to here that stunting is now legal after hours, in parking lots, and on country roads.

Don't hate the player, hate the cops!
Yes,

another class thread...

I wasn't suggesting that it's legal to do stunting on country rds and pk lots.  just saying it may be safer.  
How could you think that's lega???

LOL...Yes, your right, we do need to get smarter folks!!!LOL
OK, you got me. You are correct. You didn't say it was illegal. My point is that you could still hit a parked car or a tree and end up just as dead, specially at night....and if stupid is the word, my point is that a person who stunts in parking lots, at night, or on country roads only shows marginally more smarts than the dead guy.

But in reality, I thought you might respond to my point about misdirected anger, when it was clearly the cops who were out of line by pulling you over. The other part was a joke. That was the point of the moving JOKE ALERT sign.....get it.

all I have to say is that the guy was only thinking of himself and didn't think of his family and friends who would miss him when he is gone!

But... Final Spin... he is still a person!

Also some people do take life for granted!

When you guys are pushing the danger to the max on these bikes just remember that you all have kids, moms, dads, wives, husbands and friends who will have to live and grieve that you are not going to be with them anymore!

My brother lost 2 of his best friends and his dad and he is a wreck because of it! He drinks too much and he doesnt want to get to close to people!

Sure some "kid" died but their is more than one life that is effected!

Matt

Capt I am doing well. Just got to Florida in time to weather both Hurricanes that came through. Family is doing well and got lil howlin out two the track already. Good to be back on the board!!

This is a no win battle on beliefs.  I feel for his family and friends, but think about it, if your friend was going to get filmed doing stunt work wouldn't you be there?
So wouldn't you think that some of his friends would of made a judgement call on his behalf letting him know that no gear is stupid or voice some kind of concern for his well being? Obviously no one did.

The more the squids die on riding sportbikes the harder it'll become for everyone else in every aspect of motocycling.

So the next time you see some dork riding without gear,DO SOMETHING! Ride up, educate them, tell them what an ass they are making of themselves riding with no gear. Let them realize what actually happens when they crash at any speed.
I think most people just don't realize what can actually happen.

<!--EDIT|GMbusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1095441387 -->

For those of you that think you are superior to someone based on the number of posts they have written I say Bugger-off!  Some people like to read about busa stuff and may not have the same amount of time or feeling of posting necessity as some of you.  And just for the record, a SQUID is a SQUID.  They make the rest of us more ticket prone because we ride bikes that you must assume a similar riding position as the Dumbass riders who practice the art of stunt riding on the street.

well i guess since the indian larry died while stunting ( lord knows he was not wearing protective gear ) all these people who are sad to see him go are just fools too. Is that how that works? Nobody talked poop about him.

If there is anybody on here who can say they've NEVER pulled wheel outside of a racing facility, they either dont know how, or they are lying. PEROID. Even is he was clothed, he still probably would not have made it based on the explanation of his impact. This is pretty damn rediculous.

R.I.P
sad.gif

I think maybe there's a few ways to take these things....you can be angry at the foolishness and senseless loss of life (which happens all the time in all aspects of life) and let it eat you from the inside out....or you can be upset at the foolishness and sensless loss of life, but realize it has always happened and always will....its human nature, especially in younger folk who are still trying to prove they're worth to themselves....some just go to far
wow.gif

sad.gif
  I tend to take the latter approach...feel bad for the loss of life....hope someone learns from it.....take my own lessons....and move on with life. No need to fight Busa-Brothers & Sisters. And give VaBusa a break Final..she's a fellow rider who patiently puts up with our ego's and shennanigans...and has ALOT of good sound advice to give....its all about the riding right?  
wink.gif

well i guess since the indian larry died while stunting ( lord knows he was not wearing protective gear ) all these people who are sad to see him go are just fools too. Is that how that works? Nobody talked poop about him.[/QUOTE]

Plenty of people did, he was an idiot too. Although he was doing it in a controlled environment so at least he didn't put anyone elses life in danger.

If there is anybody on here who can say they've NEVER pulled wheel outside of a racing facility, they either dont know how, or they are lying. PEROID.[/QUOTE]

Bullshit. I see by your way of thinking a person must be a moron if they don't do wheelies because if they "knew how" they would.

Even is he was clothed, he still probably would not have made it based on the explanation of his impact.[/QUOTE]

Yep, that's very true. I also have to give the squid some credit as he was wearing a helmet...something that would have saved Indian Larry's life.

Here's an update to this tragic accident:

Biker Involved in Fatal Accident Appears in Court

By Amanda Mallonee
WHAG-TV

USA - FREDERICK, MD- A deadly motorcycle accident in Frederick claimed the life of a stunt-rider more than two months ago, and on Wednesday another biker appeared in court.

Brandon Edwards pleaded guilty to two counts, one of indecent exposure, the other of negligent driving.

The charges stem from his actions the afternoon of September 12, the same actions that claimed the life of his best friend, Shaun Matlock.

In his plea, Edwards admitted he and Matlock were riding their motorcycles down Rt. 340, wearing only shirts, shoes, and socks.

The pair were doing wheelies and standing on their bikes in the moments before Matlock lost control and hit a parked tow truck.He died at the scene.

Defense attorney Marc Ward told the judge Edwards has since sold his motorcycle and vowed never to ride one again, and that he is "humiliated and embarassed" with his actions that day.

Judge Frederick Bower fined Edwards a total of $100,000 and placed him on supervised probation for 18 months.

After the hearing, Brenton Heller, who was driving his car behind the motorcyclists, watching the stunts, said riding without pants was Matlock's idea, an idea Heller admits didn't seem like a good one at the time.Heller has also sworn off riding his motorcycle since the accident.

This doesn't mark the end of legal proceedings related to this fatal accident.Next month Benjamin Meacham, who's accused of videotaping the stunts for use on his website, will face two charges, one each of negligent and reckless driving.

Meacham will appear in court December 20.

URL: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/6515709/
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/6515709/[/b]

$100,000 fine for indecent exposure and negligent driving? Holy crap!!!

I thought there were limits on how much each offense can cost you. It's like they're making an example of squid #2 because squid #1 got killed.

If no death was involved I bet there would have been a couple hundred dollar fine and a 30 day suspended license for the negligent driving and some community service for the being naked part.

Of course in the USA it's going to be everybody elses fault squid #1 died.

Anybody want to bet that the tow truck driver gets sued?

what about indian larry earlier this year dying from stunting his bike in front of crowds completely gearless... I don't hold it against him... ;) Imagine all the kids he pleased.

Riding with no clothes let alone gear probably wasn't the smartest thing... but you know it was his day when he probably had done the stunts a 1000 times and this time happened to be the one he wrecked on and happened to be gearless...

Cloud

I didn't realize there were so many a-holes on this board (besides myself)....He did something dumb.Yeah....I'm alive by shear luck from all the dumb poop I did at 21-I'm sure everyone else here, too.

On a serious note though

maybe i was a little upset when i wrote my post, but i wont apologize to anyone, and like i said, i would love for you to show up at my door, matter of fact, i dare you.

Anyway,

5 days ago a we had some people on our highway 75 central that were doing wheeles and fronties on the highway around 9p.m. 3 of them to be exact
one of the had a minor crash, thankfully he was'nt hurt that bad, lucky for him.
as i rode to work the next day on my bike, the Dallas cops seemed to set up a trap, not a speed trap, but a sport bike trap. I was going with the flow of traffic and got pulled over. He said it was for not using my signal, (I always use my signal, always!!!) anyway he wrote me a $96 ticket, and told me I should find another form of transportation.
This was really eating at me. 2 days later i say this post and expressed some views out of anger.
I'm a pretty safe rider, i like some speed, but im not in to stuntng, and if i do get the urge to stunt, i go out in the country roads, or in a parking lot after hrs. I just hate the bad wrap we get because of the ill resp. few.

Now that ive cooled down, I hope he Rests in peace!
OK Witte. See ya at Starbucks. I'll be the guy knocking your teeth onto the street.

Damn... Go away for a couple of days and look at all the excitement you miss.

Matt... You are a jackass.

(:

I just wanted to get in on it a little.

-Rip

Gearless or not, it all boils down to someone dying. And that aint to cool. RIP Kid

Most people on this site own, have owned or dream of owning a Suzuki Hayabusa....Why? ... mainly because of it's enormous speed capabilities ... We may be great riders,  but fate can slap even the greatest, smack in the face, if it chooses to..
None of us have the right to "judge" this 21 year old kid ... he was "just being a kid"... showing off to his friends ... didn't want to die, didn't wanna leave his friends and family grieving him... He just lost control
Apart from dying I'd bet 99% of the people have done similar things ... I know I have ... but luckily I'm still here to write this post and you are able to read it.
And for those that think he deserved it ... qiute simply...HE DID NOT... and shame on anyone who thinks he did !!

Back