Velocity Stacks?

I was amazed at how fast these shipped. One thing I did notice is there was a slight lip on the inner diameter of the stacks as well as the divider. Of course airflow dictates I had to take a razor blade and smooth out these restrictions :)
Also the scraps will be soaked in gasoline for endurance tests.

View attachment 1654970

View attachment 1654971

View attachment 1654972

View attachment 1654973

That wasn't nesacerily a restriction.
Their designs are flow tested.

I would agree the smoothness being perfect is not a good thing hence the dimples on other models. You do want the air to somewhat be erratic.

They offer a dimpled version. So I'm not sure how smooth they need to be
All the stock velocity stacks are smooth and those bikes spend lots of time being tested....not sure how much difference a dimpled stack would make..

Rougher and wavy surfaces have proven in some tests to cause turbulence that actually impacts flow and burn positively.
The factory is using the most effective part that is the least expensive to mass produce...common plastic stacks, aimed at cam midrange in the gen3's case.
But, with 3D printing, an unlocked ecu and a dyno, you Can find improvements, aka move power, and hold power longer, with minimal to no losses now apparently.
I definately want as much top end, and for as long, without sacrificing midrange.

Suzuki can brag about the oem stacks but I think their R&D on the Gen3 intake and exhaust was crap and feels it's out sourced. Maybe it's the war on gas and noise with Euro5.

Suzuki can brag about the oem stacks but I think their R&D on the Gen3 intake and exhaust was crap and feels it's out sourced. Maybe it's the war on gas and noise with Euro5.
They lost out on GSXR in europe. We are lucky they got the Gen 3 through it. I believe they just went full emissions with leaving it close enough to a GEN 2 for it to be able to get what we all know is capable of.

They lost out on GSXR in europe. We are lucky they got the Gen 3 through it. I believe they just went full emissions with leaving it close enough to a GEN 2 for it to be able to get what we all know is capable of.
GSXR won't survive in North America without Europe. They have a massive motorcycle market compared to North America.

turbulence can help with fuel atomization but not necessarily increase air flow.the swirl effect can makes for better fuel distribution in the air charge. getting back to dimples, plenty of shops have bench flow data that shows dimpling the head ports doesnt always equate to more cfm. for some applications, the extra turbulence can help at a specific rpm. lots of these ideas have come and gone. some of these companies are just using it as a way to up charge the same product. lets not forget this air swirler…

turbulence can help with fuel atomization but not necessarily increase air flow.the swirl effect can makes for better fuel distribution in the air charge. getting back to dimples, plenty of shops have bench flow data that shows dimpling the head ports doesnt always equate to more cfm. for some applications, the extra turbulence can help at a specific rpm. lots of these ideas have come and gone. some of these companies are just using it as a way to up charge the same product. lets not forget this air swirler…
I remember these "tornados" a guy put one in his truck and was pushing us to do the same...we all declined.

Another guy bought one and reverse engineered it and made a whole bunch of them for people....

That $1.89 premium fuel prices in that video that they were griping about seems mighty nice right now. LMAO

• Haha
Reactions: pcs
I was just meaning that it likely wasn't meant to be not smooth in that location, it was a printer setting. :)
Looks like the bed wasn't properly leveled to me and the first layer was squished causing the lip. I run my printer the same way to make certain that first layer sticks really well without the need for a raft, but if that's how they want their printer setup they should use a deburring tool to remove that lip. Might not improve flow at all, but if I was producing and selling 3d printed parts I would want them to look correct.

I remember these "tornados" a guy put one in his truck and was pushing us to do the same...we all declined.

Another guy bought one and reverse engineered it and made a whole bunch of them for people....
The biggest scam was THROTTLE BODY SPACERS and top performance companies built and sold them and people believed it... and spent hard earned cash on them...

They took carb spacers (which work) and said let's scam people out of money on fuel injected engines..

The biggest scam was THROTTLE BODY SPACERS and top performance companies built and sold them and people believed it... and spent hard earned cash on them...

They took carb spacers (which work) and said let's scam people out of money on fuel injected engines..
My throttle body spacer gave me 125hp instantly at WOT!!! I was happy with the results

Back