valentine 1 ..................It works

OB_VegasDude

Registered
Went for a 400 mile ride today. The weather was awesome. Of course we were hauling *** all day. My valentine 1 picked up 4 highway patrol way before they could catch me. You could tell that they wanted me bad, cause they could see my headlight dip when i put on the binders. So they knew i was up near the 150 mile per hour mark. Love this valentine 1..................I even got one of them from behind, the sneaky bastards...........hehe

Yes - with the V1 you start finding out just how sneaky and underhanded they can be. With the directional indicators on the V1 you start noticing their hiding places behind bushes, billboards, trying to sneak up behind you etc whereas with a regular conventional detector you may only know that there is one somewhere in the area instead of the exact direction. After a while you will wonder how you ever lived without the directional indicators before.

Yes the directional capabilities of the valentine 1 is great. To know which direction the threat is coming from is a big advantage..............Dont leave home without it..........

Got pulled over yesterday, the first time all year. Radar detector did not signal at all!

What's this I thought "this thing doesn't work today", the Policeman pulled me over to admire the Hayabusa and said he had not seen one before and was considering a new bike.

Score:
Police = 0
KawAbuser and V1 = 1
(9780 miles)first police interview all summer!

Question: When the RCMP (highway patrol) in Canada are coming head on towards you on the highway they wait till the last second and turn on the radar and trapping your speed, with my detectors in the past it just went bezerk! Full alarm! toast, busted, hung...useless!
They ALWAYS seem to flick the trigger last minute! Is this something I have to live with, or will this V1 go one step further and save my *** !?
ALSO, they have Radar Detector DECTECTORS up here. Meaning, I am driving down the highway, my radar DOES NOT go off, yet I get pulled over, the cops R.D.D. light up like a xmas tree as I passed him, confiscated my detector and fined me $70. Detectors are illegal in my province (Manitoba).

Any info on this!? I need help on the highways...

Bulldog -

Instant on is the most dangerous type of radar used by the wallet vampires but there are a few defenses against it. The best defense is to detect the use of instant on BEFORE you are in range. The V1 uses a receiver that is more sensative than ordinary detectors and is very good at detecting sporadic, low power instant-on radar used against traffic AHEAD of you BEFORE you are in range. Another defense is to use your built in visual cop identifiers (eyes) to identify threats before being fired upon. You should become familiar with the different types of enemy vehicles used in the areas you frequent including unmarked vehicles so that you can scan, aquire and identify vehicles ahead and behind before it is too late. Using traffic ahead as "cover" is also another defense. Don't ride in the left lane alone and naked unless absolutely neccessary. Use other traffic just ahead as a "shield" against distant radar. You will also be able to detect instant on being used against traffic ahead if you are using this tactic. Last but not least be very cautious of instant on at night since visual identification is not possible. If you are completely alone with no traffic ahead you just take extreme precautions.

Radar detector detectors - also known as
VG-2. (a receiver)

All receivers emit some RF. VG-2 detects the ultra low power emmissions from radar detectors(receivers). This is how they knew you were using a detector. The V1 is one of the few detectors on the market that is NOT detectable by VG-2 due to the built-in shielding of the V1 that prevents RF from being emitted by the unit. I know of those in VA and Canada (detecors are illegal in those places) that use the V1 with complete
immunity. Faced with this situation it would be best to use the concealed display so the detectors is not visible since that would be the only way of knowing you were using it.

:( - My sincere condolences to all Canadians on the loss of Greg Moore today in the Cart Marlboro 500 in California. He was one of my favorite drivers and would have had many successful years ahead of him. He was only 24 yrs old.

"Money saved"..No need for a Valentine 1 :)Now all I need is a Busa that runs !!!!,,Bummer on these Indian Summer days.

161 ®

[This message has been edited by FalconCOP161 (edited 31 October 1999).]

Looks like I should save the money I plan to spend fighting these two radar tickets on a V1.

Thanks VegasDude, you just earned your commission from Valentine! ;-)

Hey Bulldog,
Are you the guy with the GSXR1100 that went to BIR for the Superbike races? If you are sorry I missed you, I know it was a while ago but God did I have a good time.

One word: Scrambler.

They work.

I probably spend more time over, WAY over, the speed limit in cars and on bikes than anyone here except Vegas. No pullovers ever from front situated radar and never one radar pullover on any bike ever.

BullDog, scramblers are not illegal or detectable in any province in Canada.

Flame away. I've heard it all before. You get tickets...I don't.

-Dirty "Careen With Impunity' Pete

Kawabuser: I am interested in remote mounting on a bike while retaining the laser detection capability with the V1. How do you do it?

I think you mean "All I need is a real Busa instead of the one in my mind."

Todd that was all very well spoken, dont sit in the left lane to be a willing target, on curves allways line yourself up with a car in the inside of the corner to hide behind(corners are a PRIME spot for instant on).

At this time a friend of mine is looking at many motor vehicle charges for *Engaging an Officer in Persuit* while running at 150 down the highway, the cop was not even interested in him at the time(going somewhere else)and chose to run the cop and unfortunatly lost the race.

FalconCop you can say what you want about radar detectors, but the rest of us can not hide behind a badge.

My V-1 is the best aftermarket product you can buy(day 1), if you get busted for the speeds this bike is capable of then you could be without a ride to work for a long time as well as paying for some puke lawyer's vacation to Maui.

Is anybody interested in remote V1 installation and retaining Laser detection ability?

If so send an Email. :)

Would you have unprotected sex in the current world, then would you ride with out protection of your livelihood as well?

You can not go to work if you can not drive.

That's funny DP! I say if that worthless piece of plastic makes you impervious to the wallet vampires then CARRY ON! Whatever works - empty boxes with LEDs, FC Voodoo dolls, fresh garlic in your wallet, Holy Busa incantations, a heavy throttle hand with a middle finger extended .......

[This message has been edited by Todd (edited 02 November 1999).]

Kaw,,Who's hiding,,?? I display my Badge proudly when I get pulled over,,It's just a simple Fact That Cops don't Give other Cops tickets. and Thats why I don't need a Val-1. just a Perk of the Job.

161 ®

On a tragically serious note Todd, I repeat my question which is really a challenge.

Has anyone here ever got a radar ticket with a Phazer unit on, or know anyone who ever has? To me that is the ultimate test.

Before I got the Phazer I was running only a top of the line Bel detector and I got tickets. Plenty of them. But at least I always knew I was getting a ticket before the cop even flagged me down.

Since I got the Phazer 300,000 kilometers ago...not one.

Co-incidence? Weird science? Voodoo? Maybe...but how exactly do you think that company keeps advertising and selling its jammers year after year if it's just a placebo?

I'm not being defensive here, or saying that any Phazer detractor is uninformed. I don't care whether you get one or not. I'm just tellin' it the way it is up here in the sticks.

I'm sorry if I seem to dismiss the jammer theories so easily. There are several reasons for it. I have owned and road tested an X/Y active unit with mixed results and the passive "jammers" have failed to work at all in tests. We've been around this "jammer" tree for years now in the Stealth/3000GT owner's group I belong to. Here is the complete real world road testing writeup for passive and active jammers performed by Car&Driver in MARCH 1996 which included the "jammers" we have been discussing. Car&Driver accepts and prints advertisements from active, passive "jammer" distributers AND radar detectors so don't go down that road. Here's the link for the Car&Driver jammer tests:

http://www.3000gt.com/dojam.htm

PS - At least there is more hope on the lidar (laser) front! :)

Back