Vacation time and busa date with powerhouse

mabupa

Donating Member
Registered
I have scheduled an appointment for her to be tuned by Frank and really looking forward to it. I rented a truck, bought some black widow ramps (love these ramps) and loaded her up on July 5th. Left home in the afternoon under some ugly clouds. In typical Florida fashion, the skies opened up and had us doing 35MPH on I-95, due to poor visibility and some scary lightning. Georgia wasn’t much better, but things got better after I hit South Carolina’s State line. The goal was to stop as little as possible, so I had my trusty cooler packed with drinks, sandwiches and also brought some candy (I LOVE sweets). My longest stop was at around 3am on Saturday the 6th to stretch and have breakfast at an Ihop restaurant in Maryland. I don’t eat or drink too much on trips to keep the bathroom stops at a minimum, so 2 pancakes, 2 eggs and 2 strips of bacon was it. Back on the road, I was starting to worry about the busa going through NY shitty streets on the back of a truck, even though, I had her very well strapped front and back. I’m happy to report that, after giving the NY thieves a fortune in toll payments, we made it to Long Island at 9:30AM and the only damage was worn threads on my strap that secured the ramps in the bed and my clutch side grip came unglued from the handlebar strap pressing on it, but I just used what’s supposed to be a better contact cement and put it back on. I unloaded her and that’s when I realized that, even though I thought I had put all my gear in the givi cases, I forgot my jacket. :banghead: !!!! I just went on amazon and bought a cheap jacket with decent reviews to be shipped via amazon prime to me here in NY. It should get me by, while I’m up here. On Tuesday, I’ll ride her to powerhouse and leave her there for her date with frank on Wednesday. I’ll stop by @jeffgordons24 shop to say hi and look at his Jeep build project.

9B155A15-BBCB-42BF-ABF3-C42CB6447A79.jpeg

D2A2080F-ACF4-4CF7-B603-484315E6E65D.jpeg

I took a good shower and slept for four hours and then headed out with my friends to my favorite restaurant up here, Rumba. I never drunk, but their rum punch is amazing and their caribbean wings, Dominican ribs all other dishes are delicious!

92F9935A-84E8-4166-B08B-16F2C4645DAB.png

65918F52-AA12-4049-A292-5AE05C0A882B.png

2F6958D5-F48B-4BF1-9B8C-498372668A27.png

FEAD28AA-EB6D-43FC-A255-A8FD580BB2B3.png

6D2CE959-AAF6-48E4-ACB2-F0BC284C7690.png

Quick review on the truck. It’s a Silverado LD with 6.5ft bed or so. The truck averaged 24MPG on this trip and went through about 54gls of fuel. It is very comfortable, but Chevy didn’t match the struts with the spring rate very well on the front, so it bounces a bit and feels as if it had blown struts, but I rented another Silverado with only 3k miles on it a year ago and it did the same, so definitely a manufacturer issue. My only other complaint is the lack of steering feedback. I want to by a truck in the future (most likely a diesel) but is nice to get to try these different trucks and compare. This one was handed to me with 19,700 miles and I’ll be putting another 3k miles or so on her, it will be a good test.

You did something the complete opposite of 99% of people. You took a vacation and went to NY from Florida. Lol

Awesome pics. Frank will make your bike feel like a new bike. I watched him work his magic on the dyno the whole time. Was cool to watch.

Have fun.

You did something the complete opposite of 99% of people. You took a vacation and went to NY from Florida. Lol

Awesome pics. Frank will make your bike feel like a new bike. I watched him work his magic on the dyno the whole time. Was cool to watch.

Have fun.
LOL!!! I miss my family, so I come visit them every few months, but I definitely wouldn’t want to live in NY city. I don’t mind Long Island, because it seems more layback, but the Bronx, Queens and Manhattan (have family in all 3) are too much for me.
Florida is a nightmare right now. 110’F index almost daily and then crazy storms every afternoon.

Miguel watch out for my mom ;) she is up there now. White subaru crosstrek Texas plates

Have fun, and make a frank video :)
A cab driver would probably wipe me out, before I ever made it near your mom! LOL!!
Frank wants me to drop the bike off on Tuesday, so he can jump on it first thing on Wednesday, so I won’t be there to see the man do his magic, but we’ll see.

A cab driver would probably wipe me out, before I ever made it near your mom! LOL!!
Frank wants me to drop the bike off on Tuesday, so he can jump on it first thing on Wednesday, so I won’t be there to see the man do his magic, but we’ll see.
Darn! I wanted a vid of Frank and his shop . . .
Oh well, see if you can get some pics when you go back to pick up your bike.

Woke up today and enjoyed the nice weather in the backyard. Went to the city for some Colombian “junk food”, which is one of my favorites. Had their well known “tostones de pollo” and a fruit drink. My fiends decided on the hot dogs. Those things were stuffed with all kinds of goodies! It was delicious!
I liked the sign they had on the wall, it says, the kitchen is the heart of the house. Yes, I love trying out restaurants and food from other countries. :-)

0AFB8651-FF14-45F8-AD2A-9B02F7BB422D.png

2A2AE48E-A3A6-4AD1-975C-7D2435FB807E.png

0E0C5356-4BC7-49B3-877F-2B4D68A9301C.png

46D5B748-919B-43B4-89E3-622D1F761F4A.png

38396D5E-550B-485B-931A-EC899AB73F9D.jpeg

64FE1FF5-D182-4900-AFC0-A1A8B3B4CD03.jpeg

I ordered a cover from carcovers.com, because I knew my bike was going to be outside for several days and I’m very happy with it. I told them I had a bigger than stock screen and saddlebags and top case, so they could decide which was the best size to send me. Fits really nice and gives the impression that there is nothing more than an old grandpa bike with saddlebags under it. Lol!

B8AA14E5-63F8-4EE2-8E6C-0E954B3B57BF.jpeg

Last edited:
Woke up today and enjoyed the nice weather in the backyard. Went to the city for some Colombian “junk food”, which is one of my favorites. Had their well known “tostones de pollo” and a fruit drink. My fiends decided on the hot dogs. Those things were stuffed with all kinds of goodies! It was delicious!
I liked the sign they had on the wall, it says, the kitchen is the heart of the house. Yes, I love trying out restaurants and food from other countries. :-)

View attachment 1601204

View attachment 1601205

View attachment 1601206

View attachment 1601207

View attachment 1601208

View attachment 1601209
Nice big backyard, that's very similar to a suburban Kiwi back yard, the trees are nice, is that where you are staying? Just curious, what area in NY ?

Nice big backyard, that's very similar to a suburban Kiwi back yard, the trees are nice, is that where you are staying? Just curious, what area in NY ?
Yes Kiwi, that’s at my friend’s house in Long Island. Pretty layback compared to the madness of the city and he actually has a nice long driveway that fits about 5 vehicles, so no drama looking for parking like in the city.

Back