My visit to Frank at Powerhouse in NY

Big E

Donating Member
Registered
Just wanted to give big props to Frank at PowerHouse in NY. I had a small window in which I could drop the bike off. Driving from MD to West Babylon, NY is no fun. Tolls and gas is expensive. He squeezed me into his schedule a week before bike week kicked off in SC. Thanks Frank. I could of taken it to a local shop for tune but I took the extra effort and drive to PowerHouse from reading all the good reviews. So glad I did.

What was supposed to be just a dyno/tune session turned out to be a lot more. The previous builder and other shop that "tuned" the bike failed at all levels. Frank ran into issues with the bike while trying to tune the bike. I left the bike with Frank to take care of all the things that needed to be done.

Frank knows his stuff! What I thought was a turbo bike the first time I rode it when purchased felt fast. After Franks handy work. This bike to me is a monster! Scared the living poop out of me the first time it hit boost! That was at half throttle.

I give Frank a big :thumbsup:
No hesitation I would take another bike to him. I highly recommend his services.

Big thanks Frank.

Frank is a great tuner.

Glad every thing worked out

so how bout some details on the build?

Frank ran into a few of issues with the current set up on the bike while trying to tune it. I wanted more power. Frank raised the boost with a new waste gate spring. New methanol injection system was installed. New RCC Fmu. New fuel lines and filter.

Frank ran into a couple of issues with the current set up on the bike. New methanol injection system was installed. New RCC Fmu. New fuel lines and filter. Raised the boost with the waste gate.
dam u jus got it back. now ur selling? wat gives?

dam u jus got it back. now ur selling? wat gives?

One thing I really didnt think about was the power. After Franks handy work. Its kind of a scary bike now. LOL. I did have future plans for it. Either running a stock arm or installing a single sided swing arm. I miss running a bike through the mountains. I am also torn in taking off the arm and chrome parts off the bike. I think it looks great the way it is set up. So I thought I would list it for sale. If I get a bite within the next month. It will go. If not Ill take off the parts and go ahead with a shorter arm again.

congrats on getting everything worked out...i've heard nothing but good things about him :beerchug:

Frank ran into a few of issues with the current set up on the bike while trying to tune it. I wanted more power. Frank raised the boost with a new waste gate spring. New methanol injection system was installed. New RCC Fmu. New fuel lines and filter.

This one was pretty frustrating, there is nothing like getting someone else's sloppy and uneducated build. Because we monitor fuel pressure along with boost and afr while on the dyno, I was able to spot a problem on boost that mandated a complete re-do of the fuel system: "quality" fuel injection hoses that had broken down and collapsed internally, a semi-clogged fuel filter, a defective and unrepairable fmu, among other things. The whole setup was borderline and destined to fry this motor down the road. It took a big bite out of my day. I am very glad we were able to find and repair all the problems and then move on to another successful tune. Big E now has a beautiful big tire bus putting 300 to the tire on pump, I am not surprised that it scared the poop out of you, it tells me I did my job and I am sure gives you a little more respect for your ride . . .:whistle:

Back