Vacation time and busa date with powerhouse

I should iron butt it out there some time ;)
just plan it so that you enter the city at like 4am..... the traffic during the evening is ridiculous.... for me powerhouse is a 95 mile trip.... but with traffic it takes me about 5-6 hours..... an hour almost I was on that bridge.......... then the GPS broke and i was LOST during rush hour on the way home...…..

I should iron butt it out there some time ;)
I want to ride the concours up here and let frank do his thing on that one too, but not sure when that’ll happen. I would love a long ride like that. Is definitely longer for you. I’m sure about 1600-1800 miles. @ali123 is correct. Traffic is brutal, unless you enter the city between midnight and 5am.

Last edited:
My family ( what's left) live there. I lived in NY every summer growing up. Would take the LIRR Into the city often.

I want to ride the concours up here and let frank do his thing on that one too, but not sure when that’ll happen. I would love a long ride like that. Is definitely longer for you. I’m sure about 1600-1800 miles. @ali123 is correct. Traffic is brutal, unless you enter the city between midnight and 5am.
I really was trying to help in suggesting that any traveling be done early in the am.... I said 4 am because the sun is coming up.... and any bad guys/drunks are mostly done for the night.

Just to keep this thread updated. Frank tried to tune my bike this morning and ran into issues with the power commander currently on the bike. He to fix a wire and then contact customer support to see what could be done. Long story short, the power commander is bad and I’ll need a new one. Frank can get one delivered tomorrow. This just got a lot more expensive, but I already transported the bike 1200+ miles for this, so might as well do what needs to be done. This is also going to screw up frank’s schedule, so appreciate his help getting this resolved.
I’m headed to JFK airport to pickup my girlfriend tonight and will be staying in the city and attending some family events the next few days, so I’ll try not to worry too much about the bike and enjoy what’s left of my vacation. Keep you guys posted.

This one was from 2011, so seven years old. Still . . . I intend on bringing it up in my next discussion with them, maybe they know something I don't know. Although they are excellent in regards to customer service and warranties and such, it is a huge inconvenience and generally a pain in the butt. I really don't need the extra work!

Stopped by steven’s shop (@jeffgordons24 ) and talked for a bit. Also got to see Phoenix, his bike! That thing puts my bike to shame! The blue and oort gray scheme looks gorgeous. Nice meeting you Steven, hopefully we can meet again next time I’m up here with more time and maybe go for a ride.
As for the bike, @POWERHOUSE installed a new power commander and tuned it! I rode it through this stupid NY traffic back to my friend’s house, so no chance to open it up, but love how smooth it feels. Gained about 6Hp and 4lbs of torque. I’ll post a dyno sheet later on. I’m glad it’s all done and can’t thank Frank enough for making time to troubleshoot, make calls to try getting my old power commander to work, getting a replacement unit lighting fast and tuning the bike. I’ll give some feedback once I get to put some miles on it back in Florida.

Last edited:
He really is one of the good ones. When ever I call or write I always get a polite informative response Every Time. And i am sure he is a busy man
So Kudo's for someone who believes in the real meaning of customer service. Because it is getting harder to find these days

This one was from 2011, so seven years old. Still . . . I intend on bringing it up in my next discussion with them, maybe they know something I don't know. Although they are excellent in regards to customer service and warranties and such, it is a huge inconvenience and generally a pain in the butt. I really don't need the extra work!

My pc3 is still going strong, its atleast 15 or so years old. Every now and then someone gets a dud.

Here is a before and after.

A77F875F-2DBD-4CC3-B4B9-31053D3C1FB0.jpeg

2E273114-5FE6-403C-AAD0-CDA6F746BE1B.jpeg

Bike is tucked away at my friend’s house. NY traffic is a nightmare, specially on a Friday. I drove to Long Island just to get the bike and take it to my friend’s house and then drove back to the city. I’ll be spending time with family this weekend and plan on loading up the bike on the truck Sunday night and hitting the road around 4am on Monday.

@mabupa was great meeting the man behind the screen finally. Really nice guy and I got to see his bike after frank squared it away! I wouldn’t say my bike puts anyone’s to shame. Miguel’s got the brembos and snazzy reservoirs and entirely painted in the beautiful OORT Metallic silver.
Looking forward to a time when we can ride together.

Back