USING OIL

RAMHEMI06

Registered
Hey i have a 07 busa with a pc3 full duplex exhaust velocity stacks and bcm air filter. I changed the oil at 600miles with Mobil 1 full syn. since then i noticed my clutch has been a little clunky. it has 3200 miles on it now and i seen the oil was not showing on the sight glass. Is this normal for it to use oil. I checked for leaks and didnt see any? any help would be great thanks!

Did you put in the owner's manual "recomended" 3300ml or a full 4 quarts (3800ml)? I had the same problem on my 07, thought it was using oil but after I added another 400ml it was majically at the top of the window.
Your due for an oil & filter change soon, when you do, put in 4 quarts and I bet it won't "use" anymore.

I used Mobil 1 Racing 4T 10w-40 motorcycle oil. Personally, I wasn't real crazy about it and switched back to my old reliable Motul 7100 full Ester Synthetic on the next change.

i just did my oil change and my clutch is making noise to my a 06 and i have oil in the glass window to the full mark

IM USING THE MOBIL1 4T 10W40. I THINK IM GOING TO SWAP TO MOTUL OR ROYAL PURPLE. WHICH IS BETTER FOR FULL SYN? I THOUGHT MOBIL1 WAS THE BEST THATS ALL I RUN IN MY CARS AND TRUCK?

I've heard good things about the Royal Purple but have no experience with it. With Mobil 1 I was still having a lot of false neutral, rough shifting problems. I've used Motul in my last 2 bikes with excellent results (ZRX1200 is prone to pitting camshafts, at 18,000 mile valve inspect, no pitting or even obvious wear) so I went back to tried and true. Motul 7100 is a full Ester synthetic, roughly the same price as Mobil 1 (which, from what I understand is more of a Syn blend) and immediatly the shifting became totally smooth and in the last 1500 miles, I've not had a single false neutral. The consensus on the board was, synthetic oil would smooth the tranny action, Mobil 1 didn't do the job, Motul did. Mobil 1 is good oil and isn't going to make your bike blow up or anything, just the Motul works much better for me.
ThumbsUp.gif

Back