Oil consumption

shenanigans

Registered
It's been about 2500 miles since my last oil change (filled up with 4 quarts after oil and filter change) and when i checked my oil sight glass today before starting her up, I couldnt see any oil. Ended up adding about 3/4 quart of oil to bring the level back up. There is no visible leaks and the bike doesnt seem to burn oil, and no sign of oil in the airfilter. Im just wondering if anyone else has this happen to them or is there something wrong with my busa?

Mine never really seems to eat any oil.

--Wag--

I believe the bike has to warm and off of the kickstand (standing up) to check the oil.

Otherwise it will appear empty

Experts
rock.gif

Well yeah, you have to check your oil level with the bike level, NOT on the side stand.

But uh otherwise, I've gotten backk all the oil I put in...
thumbs-up.gif
Doesn't burn any or leak any...

look at your mufflers and see if you have soot build up on the outlets.  My Busa would use oil depending on how I was riding.  Every now and then it would smoke really badly but some times it would show any smoke at all.  I later found out that it had a few bad valve guide seals.

Welcome to the board.

<!--EDIT|jwcfbd
Reason for Edit: None given...|1154570372 -->

Thanks for your replys.
I checked around the exhaust outlet and there is soot buildup...and I would have to say I've been riding it hard
biggrin.gif

jwcfbd, what should i expect if the valve guide seals are toast in terms of cost and work involved?
Thanks again for the help.

Thanks for your replys.
I checked around the exhaust outlet and there is soot buildup...and I would have to say I've been riding it hard
biggrin.gif

jwcfbd, what should i expect if the valve guide seals are toast in terms of cost and work involved?
Thanks again for the help.
Sorry about the delay getting back. Mine was covered under warrenty and I can't remember what they said the cost was going to be.

Back