500 mile oil change question

C6amar9O

Registered
I feel like I'm beating a dead horse here...lol but I've spent the last 30 minutes searching for this, I'm sure someone has had this question before. So anyway I have my 1st oil change coming up and was wondering what oil to use as in Synthetic? Synthetic blend?...ect. I was wanting to run some Royal Purple full Syn but not sure if that's the best option. thanks for the help

Like all oil threads you will ge many opinions on this one. The majority will say do not switch to sythetic until your second oil change. If you do, your engine may not break in properly. I think the maintenance schedule says 3000 miles. Many use Amsoil synthetic. I use Mobil 1 Racing 4T which you can get at Wal Mart for around $9.50 a quart all the time. It works well for me and I have not had any problems. This thread will also restart the debate about how to break in your engine, how often to change your oil and what oil filter to use. My opinion is that if you follow your maintenance manual your bike will work just fine.

thanks Zurcher, I really wasn't looking to start that Oil debate again...lol, I remember seeing that Mobil oil at Wal Mart I might give it a try till the next oil change. Should I do a filter also? thanks

If it keeps you awake at night, use Suzuki oil from the dealer.
If you want to save money, any JASO MA oil from Walmart will do.
If you want to make the maintenance of your bike a hobby, and do ECM with UOA, it's a whole different ballgame.

If it's only got 500 miles on it I wouldn't switch to Full Synthetic just yet. Do change the filter for sure though. Throw some dino oil in it for another 1,500 and then make the switch. Give the motor and trans a chance to fully break-in.

Yup, filter also then change it when you switch to synthetic then every other oil change unless you really enjoy removing the PIA fairing. I use the SUzuki filter but there are also many opinions on that subject also. Don't you love controversy? I suggest you do a search and make your own decision. The reality is if you change your oil and filter by the maintenance schedule and don't beat on your machine, the engine will prolly last forever. BTW, I noticed a significant improvement in my tranny/shifting after I switched to the Mobil 1. I do think synthetic is the way to go after 3000 miles.

I feel like I'm beating a dead horse here...lol but I've spent the last 30 minutes searching for this, I'm sure someone has had this question before. So anyway I have my 1st oil change coming up and was wondering what oil to use as in Synthetic? Synthetic blend?...ect. I was wanting to run some Royal Purple full Syn but not sure if that's the best option. thanks for the help

:welcome:
Not to be a dik but, did you read your owners manual? I am a firm believer in Suzuki Motorcycle Corp. They don't give
crappy instructions nor do they want to misinform. The retards that own/operate their independent dealerships are
another story. There is a plethora of good and useless information on the boards
and in print, your going to have to sift through it. Me, I followed the recommended break-in schedule, have for 6 new
motorcycles, Never an issue. I prefer to change my oil more often than the manual says and use a
synthetic blend motorcycle specific oil with oem filters.
In 26 years of owning Suzuki's I have yet to ever have any engine issues.

Good luck, welcome and read your owners manual!!!!!

I used mobile 1 racing 4T on my first oil change. My 05 has 70K on it now and is running better than ever. I change the filter on every change,. It may be overkill, but for 12 bucks, I feel better about it. I also cut open the filter I take off to have a look inside. I can tell you for sure, my busa shifts so much better with synth in it.

Back