Using an Ipod

PAN -
You ordered the 30g? That is a hard drive right? Might want to keep that one on your body. Depending on the vibration of your scoot, mounting it to the bike could end up shutting it down.... (the hard drives don't skip, they just stop and shut down)... You might be best with that to keep it on your body...

Just my .02. I got rid of an IPOD for that exact reason...

(Jester0769 @ Sep. 21 2006,19:16) whos lookin for stands??

I may not have what your lookin for in stock but I can get just about anything in just a few days.

Let me know.

Josh
what all do you got in stock? im needing one but not in a rush either, however depending on what you have i might just break down and buy one now instead of waiting.
thanks
J
pirate.gif

For bike mounting, I stayed with a 1gb flash player and a 1gb memory card...

(MC MUSTANG @ Sep. 21 2006,21:27) PAN -
You ordered the 30g?  That is a hard drive right?  Might want to keep that one on your body.  Depending on the vibration of your scoot, mounting it to the bike could end up shutting it down.... (the hard drives don't skip, they just stop and shut down)...  You might be best with that to keep it on your body...

Just my .02.  I got rid of an IPOD for that exact reason...
I agree. Have the same iPod Video (30GB), but haven't used it on the bike yet. When I do it will go in the pocket.

+1 on the stem stand ... I bought a dbl stem from Jester to which I use my radar and IPOD that I hook up to my Chatterbox..
wow.gif

(BigBSBusa @ Sep. 21 2006,22:flamethrowing:)
(MC MUSTANG @ Sep. 21 2006,21:27) PAN -
You ordered the 30g?  That is a hard drive right?  Might want to keep that one on your body.  Depending on the vibration of your scoot, mounting it to the bike could end up shutting it down.... (the hard drives don't skip, they just stop and shut down)...  You might be best with that to keep it on your body...

Just my .02.  I got rid of an IPOD for that exact reason...
I agree.  Have the same iPod Video (30GB), but haven't used it on the bike yet.  When I do it will go in the pocket.
I have the 60g one and I wouldn't dream of mounting it on the bike. Vibration bad - pocket good!! I have 99 movies on it as I watch them a lot when I am on airplanes and when the movie starts up, you can feel the hard drive spinning while holding the IPOD in your hand. You need to keep that thing away from vibration Pan.

I've got the 30GB Ipod, and yes, put it in your pocket. There is a remote you can get for the ipod that allows you to control it, changing songs and volume. Another member here has the remote attached to his bike somewhere and the ipod in a tank bag or his pocket. It's a great idea when you're hitting some curves and the 'wrong' song comes on.

I'm using Ipod Nano which is too small and perfect for the pocket , so you don't need to mount somewhere on the bike .

Vibration will cause it to hang, requiring a hard reset. Tank bags are not a great idea and I'm sure a stem stand is even worse for it. Too many vibes. Use your pocket if you can or find a way to strap it to your wrist or something.

Other than that, you're gonna love it!

--Wag--

(Wag @ Sep. 22 2006,05:09) Vibration will cause it to hang, requiring a hard reset.  Tank bags are not a great idea and I'm sure a stem stand is even worse for it.  Too many vibes.  Use your pocket if you can or find a way to strap it to your wrist or something.

--Wag--
Try to keep your ipod away from the tank bag's magnets!!! HD's do not like magnets...

(basscrazy @ Sep. 22 2006,08:13)
(Wag @ Sep. 22 2006,05:09) Vibration will cause it to hang, requiring a hard reset.  Tank bags are not a great idea and I'm sure a stem stand is even worse for it.  Too many vibes.  Use your pocket if you can or find a way to strap it to your wrist or something.

--Wag--
Try to keep your ipod away from the tank bag's magnets!!!  HD's do not like magnets...
OMG!!! I didn't even think about that!!!

Glad I have always kept mine in my pocket..whew!

Y'all are brave, I still can't bring myself to listen to music while riding. Of course the traffic here bites, and I need all my senses to just stay alive
crazy.gif

(LadyHawk @ Sep. 22 2006,05:57) Y'all are brave, I still can't bring myself to listen to music while riding. Of course the traffic here bites, and I need all my senses to just stay alive  
crazy.gif
I ride with my ipod because I can't hear anything but wind in my helmet when I'm past 50. Might as well have my ipod and my Shure E5's!!!!

(basscrazy @ Sep. 22 2006,09:05)
(LadyHawk @ Sep. 22 2006,05:57) Y'all are brave, I still can't bring myself to listen to music while riding. Of course the traffic here bites, and I need all my senses to just stay alive  
crazy.gif
I ride with my ipod because I can't hear anything but wind in my helmet when I'm past 50.  Might as well have my ipod and my Shure E5's!!!!
Sounds like you need a helmet upgrade.

crazy.gif
I ride with my ipod because I can't hear anything but wind in my helmet when I'm past 50.  Might as well have my ipod and my Shure E5's!!!!
How do you like those? I have been thinking about getting shure's as well. Do they fit well in your ear?

i jsut went to best buy and got some heavy duty snap velcro from the install bay and stuck a piece on the triple tree and a piece on the back of my ipod......... works like a champ!!!! if i remember.... ill get some pics of it in the morning
beerchug.gif

oh yea, i use the phillips noise cancelling in-ear buds from walmart....... they sound gredat and cancel out all wind noise. in total i have 33 bucks in my ipod solution with 30 of those dollars shelled out for the ear buds......

hey Pan-try stuffin it in your jacket if you must have tunes while ridin.....I would never put anything in my ear while ridin a bike tho-for 3 reasons:
1) I LOVE the sound of my bike
2) I have a hard enuf time hearing cagers/emergency vehicles
3) for me the whole point of ridin is to simplify the act of transportation-rider+bike+gear=fun without all the gizmos. no A/C, no CD, no power steering, ABS, tiptronic shifters, etc....I ride my bike to get away from all that other garbage and just enjoy the rush of twistin that throttle bar.

(BiG-T @ Sep. 22 2006,07:38)
crazy.gif
Sounds like you need a helmet upgrade.
Big T. I ride with a Suomy Spec-1R Extreme... Great helmet just a little loud. All of my helmets have that windy sound.

Back