Chatterbox/Ipod/Push to Talk set up

mospeed

Registered
hey everyone,
thought I would share some pics of my set up.  maybe give some of ya'll some ideas.  

i love my chatterbox FRS-X2 to communicate to my wife riding 2 up and listening to my Ipod. only problem was, you can't control what song you are listening too on the ipod nor have volume control.  also, either you have to push the talk button on the radio or have the Push-to-talk button running down your jacket to your hand.  not to mention a huge radio on the side of the helmet and everything i look left it hits my jacket's shoulder pad.

well, I finally got everything worked out.

I got an extension cord for the radio to the helmet, audio cable for Ipod, Ijet for Ipod, and composite mono cable to extended the push to talk wire to the radio.

Pic of my set up.  

Notice the Ijet connector on the bottom of the Ipod
DSC04316.jpg

everything fits nicely.
DSC04317.jpg

Only one wire to the helmet.
DSC04318.jpg

One wire to the helmet and no radio mounted on the side.

DSC04319.jpg

The push-to-talk button was run under the seat, under the gas tank and up to the handle bar. very convenient now!

DSC04320.jpg

and now the best part... the Ijet controller. check out chatterboxusa.com for more info. it uses RF signal for the ability to change songs, volume control, and pausing. here is the remote mounted.

DSC04321.jpg

very handy!

wow...
SHOCKED.gif
thats a nice set up...what about the wind noise? (I heard when you talk to others with the set up, they can hear you with alot of wind noise behind...)
and your set set up with cell fone too?

wind noise is not too much of an issue below ~75mph depending on wind speed. VOX sucks... thats why I have the push-to-talk button on the handle bar.

no cell phone set up. I havent figured how to dial with gloves on, so not really worth it in my opinion.

the iJet is a nice item...to bad it's only for iPosers.
all_coholic.gif

a similar interface standardized for other input devices would have been nice as well.

Back