Update on the engine knocking

Decklin

Registered
Well I took the busa down to the dealer and asked them to take a look at the bike. They started her up and as always the knock was not there. But a friend of mine who had taken a look at it earlier that day was there and we all discussed what we had heard. They got 4 of the mechanics to talk to me and look at the bike. All I could was document that there was a knock and that they took a look at it and could not figure anything out. It was overserviced and they drained the extra oil out which I dont think would cause a knock but hey it wasnt right so they atleast did that for me. I took a look at the oil and there werent and shavings or abnormalities in the oil. So they told me to take it home and if it comes back to get it to them as quick as possible so they can tke a look at it. It went away and I put 100 miles on her yesterday and it hasnt come back again. Maybe something was just meshing and breaking in. Thats all they could figure out. They said they havent ever had any engine problems with the Busa at that dealer. So I will keep listening and hopefully it wont come back and everything will keep running smoothly. Just thought I would let you guys know what was up with it. Later

I've heard a noise like that on the first start of the day. It only lasts a few seconds. I assume it is just taking a couple seconds to get oil moving. I noticed it especially after my first oil change when I gave her the first start. I am no mechanic but I am assuming thats all it is. It runs great after a couple seconds.

You sure you weren't hearin' the clutch noise that busas are known to make?
rock.gif
Not sayin' you don't know what you're listenin' to, just curious if you've heard that and know what it sounds like.

Not the clutch noise the dealer asked the same thing and we both were like nop sure as hell not that. It sounded more like a lifter tapping than anything. But it comes and goes and lasted for about 20 mins during a few rides. So i dont know I am stumped but atleast its documented with the dealer and suzuki so if it comes back we can go from there. I never felt a HP loss or anything so I am not to worried at the moment

Maybe when you hear it again you could pull the fairings and use a screwdriver to your ear to narrow it down?
rock.gif

i think you heard the timing tensioner noise, it kinda will make the engine sound like a diesel. looks like it drained all the oil out of it & then filled it back up. it does happen. but there is no such a thing called the engine is making noise cause it's breaking in. watch that noise close, you still have plenty of time on the warrenty.

Back