wierd knocking sound

mattd428

Registered
so after about a 30 mile ride today the busa started making a knocking sound at around 5000 rpm got to the house and noise was gone reved just fine with no noise after a little idling it started knocking again reved it up and went away again i killed the bike and now it will not start like a weak battery barely cranks over ive dealt with spun rod bearing and this does not seem to be one since the sound goes away and comes back any wierd problems that you guys know of with the 2001 busas also couldnt see any oil in the sight glass drained it and got maybe 2 quarts out of it no metal shavings on the plug and no shaving in the oil filter

My 01 just had the same problem but it would start and knock. The knocking appeared at 5000 and eventually it got worse. I drained the oil and didnt see any metal either. So I went out for another ride and it died. But mine did restart but now banging instead.....mine does have a spun rod bearing. I'm rebuilding now and hope the crank is ok....let me know what u find. :poke:

when its running how does it run smooth or rough like it has a cam in it ,, just thinking may be a stater or regulater problem if its haveing problems dieing and not starting , not chargeing and maybe its not fireing the way its hould and you may get a knock sound ,, not sure just fig i would ask ! but deff put more oil in it ! its not doing any good thats for sure

Back