Uneven front rotors heating 2018 hayabusa

Diggi

Registered
Hello from India!!!
Recently got a 2018 ABS busa. It has M4 monobloc Brembos. Its done 4500 kms when i bought it.
Did about 500 myself after that. But i recently found on a ride that the right side disc was heating up far more than the left side disc. I mean i could touch the right side disc with mu bare hand, it was boiling... but left side disc wad significantly less hot.
(when i bought it i rode hard and did brake hard out of excitement for a few short rides)
Could it be a stuck piston? Or the right side piston permanently rubbing against the right disc?
The brake pads are stock and are even right now. Both right and left brake pad pics are attached. Some of my Qs are as follows.
Is it a serious issue? Is it a common issue? Can it be fixed easily? Im having the bike checked in a couple of days, what should i look out for specifically?
Would appreciate all kinds of feedback.
Thx
D

ED6F4EE9-7492-41AC-9F40-20DE839903EA.jpeg

2F2AAE68-0359-42BB-AE58-AE9B89633F37.jpeg

Hello and welcome perhaps one of your disc is warped your brake pads looks fine if you can safely raise the front wheel and spin it around it should spin freely a little drag is normal To check if your rotors are not warped take the brake calipers off and spin the wheel again and check if there is no excessive run out with the disc good luck :thumbsup:

Was this bike down with any damage? Do you have the factory service manual?

You can loosen and re-torque the fork to spec and see if the symptom changes. Look straight down at the handlebars and make sure they are aligned to each other.

As you disassemble make sure all of the parts exist or are correct according to the manual. (No missing washers/spacers/etc.) If anyone touched that front end before you did, begin by assuming they did something incorrectly.

There are 2 threads on this subject by the same author...I just responded to the other thread...

@Diggi if you want help, only make one thread for us to post to-it just gets confusing otherwise.

....and welcome as this is one of your first posts....

Hello and welcome perhaps one of your disc is warped your brake pads looks fine if you can safely raise the front wheel and spin it around it should spin freely a little drag is normal To check if your rotors are not warped take the brake calipers off and spin the wheel again and check if there is no excessive run out with the disc good luck :thumbsup:
Thx busafan.... will check the warping... although i rode today and felt the diff in heating a lil less... thx for the update

Will do... thx... thats a grt update!!

Thx busafan.... will check the warping... although i rode today and felt the diff in heating a lil less... thx for the update
If your rotor was warped, you'd lose brake pressure and have to pump up the brake lever each time you stop. (ask me how I know this).

I'd say you have a stuck piston or slider(s) keeping your pad in contact with the hotter rotor.

Have you got the front wheel off the ground and spun it yet?

If your rotor was warped, you'd lose brake pressure and have to pump up the brake lever each time you stop. (ask me how I know this).

I'd say you have a stuck piston or slider(s) keeping your pad in contact with the hotter rotor.

Yea i think its the piston thing too... cz the bike is in a good condition... rotor damage seems unlikely.. i havent got the front wheel up as i dont have a stand... but i will get it checked soon... although i went for a ride today found both rotors equally scorching!! .... then after coming bk the right one was a bit warmer but generally ok.. i think the piston corrected Itself a bit....getting it checked soon

How do u know this??

Interesting bee when one of my rotors was slightly bend i did not have any issues with brake pressure lose or lever issues :thumbsup:

How do u know this??
Interesting bee when one of my rotors was slightly bend i did not have any issues with brake pressure lose or lever issues :thumbsup:

I chased a loss in brake pressure around for a few days...I changed out the MC, bled the system several times, changed out banjo bolt washers...the works..

Never even dawned on me to check the rotor run out...I gave up and took it to a local shop and they found the issue quickly...I ordered another rotor and when I took off the warped one, it was very obvious when it was sitting on the bench...

I never got any heat build up at all-just lost brake pressure when I rode it as the rotor was pushing the piston in slightly.

Back