Uneven front disc rotor heating 2018 ABS Brembo busa

Diggi

Registered
Hello from India!!!
Recently got a 2018 ABS busa. It has M4 monobloc Brembos. Its done 4500 kms when i bought it.
Did about 500 myself after that. But i recently found on a ride that the right side disc was heating up far more than the left side disc. I mean i could touch the right side disc with mu bare hand, it was boiling... but left side disc wad significantly less hot.
(when i bought it i rode hard and did brake hard out of excitement for a few short rides)
Could it be a stuck piston? Or the right side piston permanently rubbing against the right disc?
The brake pads are stock and are even right now. Both right and left brake pad pics are attached. Some of my Qs are as follows.
Is it a serious issue? Is it a common issue? Can it be fixed easily? Im having the bike checked in a couple of days, what should i look out for specifically?
Would appreciate all kinds of feedback.
Thx
D

11E4BAED-5597-43F5-9E23-65748F67A78F.jpeg

F6B876EF-D7F1-445C-A67E-7DB1C4313D2D.jpeg

Do you have a front stand? If so, spin the front tire and check for excessive drag, grab the brake and check again, you might have a sticking piston or sticking pads.

There are contact points on the carriers which need lubricating-use brake lubricant on these sliders. A small coating is all that is needed.

Un bolt the caliper and clean all surfaces with brake cleaner, with a small brush, then push the pistons back in, slowly pump the brake lever and watch the piston move out.
Try that a couple of times, then reassemble and test ride.

@Diggi There is a procedure for centering the pads and caliper after disassembly or removal. Lift the front wheel and loossen the caliper bolts till they are a tad off from fingertight. You want the calipers to be able to center itself during this procedure. Spin the wheel fast and press the front brakes. Do this a few times, spin brake repeat. The last spin hold the brake tight as you tighten the caliper bolts on each caliper. Your calipers and pads should now be centered on the disc. If that doesn't fix it you need to clean around each piston and insure they are moving properly.

Back