Front brake disc warpage

gtm2

Registered
I recently bought a 99 Hayabusa and had semi metallic pads put on the front. After about 1000 miles, it appears that the discs are warping. The brakes feel as if their pulsing when I stop hard and there is some noise as if something is hitting the disc intermittently. Has anybody else had problems with front brake discs warping?

I've changed my OEM pads for a set of sintered metallics and it appears I've warped my rotors as well. The first indication that something was wrong was when my front brake lever lost pressure after not using for about 5 minutes on the freeway, and then everytime after when the bike sat for a couple of days.
confused.gif
Now I'm thinking ( read hoping ) that a set of braided lines and a through bleeding might reduce/solve the brake pressure fluctuation (sp) that I'm having. Oh, and don't expect motorcycle dealers to respect your front rotors when changing a tire. I'll post of my results when I change the lines/fluid.

I had a rotor warp on me after a slight altercation with a cat.  The cat darted out and met the Busa at about 45 MPH.  I couldn't believe that a 4 pound cat could disable my Busa's braking system so easily.   The rotor never pulsed the lever, but the warp was enough so that after a few turns it would push the pads and piston back from their correct position causing the brake lever to travel all the way to the bar when I engaged the front brakes.  I never understood why the lever never pulsed under braking, but it was warped nonetheless and the rotor had to be replaced.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td> (bt1300 @ July 08 2002, 18:34)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I had a rotor warp on me after a slight altercation with a cat.  The cat darted out and met the Busa at about 45 MPH.  I couldn't believe that a 4 pound cat could disable my Busa's braking system so easily.   The rotor never pulsed the lever, but the warp was enough so that after a few turns it would push the pads and piston back from their correct position causing the brake lever to travel all the way to the bar when I engaged the front brakes.  I never understood why the lever never pulsed under braking, but it was warped nonetheless and the rotor had to be replaced.
 [/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
Poor Kitty.....

I'll assume it's RIP.
sad.gif

Back