Disc lock damage

kilrcalibusa

Registered
Okay I did it
iamwithstupid.gif
, I forgot to remove my disc lock, I tried to take off from the parking spot and got nowhere quick.

I can't see any visible damage to the disc or caliper but after riding for a minute I have almost no front brake, I can pump it up and get a firm feel that holds but when I let off the brake and ride a little it is almost gone again. There are no visible leaks (yet) I rode it almost 60 miles back home like this.

I think I may have bent my rotor and it's pushing the pistons back into the caliper when it turns but I can't really tell by looking at it. Any ideas?

If you have a rear stand, pull the back of the bike up and spin the tire to see if any bend is noticable; if you can't see it, use a caliper to measure several distance from the caliper to see if there is any action there....

I hate to say it, but this is exactly what the RoadLok is designed to prevent...
Let us know how it works out, hopefully you're right and it only costs you a rotor...

Ah.... the front rotor... you must have been on the front side If you didn't damage the fender.... any visible marks on the caliper housing? You might want to take it to a local shop if one is available and ask them to throw it up on a stand an spin the tire to look for rotor damage...

Without a doubt the rotor is bent.  Been there done that.  I had the lock on and pushed the bike.  I wasn't trying to pull off, the bike wasn't on, "just" a push.

I had to adjust the lever to 6 or 7 (I believe it's set to 4 from the dealer) which disturbed me.  After an inspection, it was bent ever so slightly but just enough to the point where the brakes didn't work when my lever was set to 5 or less.  Get a new rotor.  Plenty of folks here have upgraded their rotors and may have some laying around for a decent price.

Sounds like something is bent. Rotor or caliper got forced out of alingment.
sad.gif

If you need rotors. I have near mint condition for sale.

Thanks guys, I sent a pm to 06busa, if anyone knows anyone else who has a good rotor let me know, the cheaper the better.

Thanks again

Trev

PM sent back. Like new. Sorry not so cheap. Lots of used rotors out there. If you pass on mine. I hope you find straight ones.

Back