Ummm, is it time for the Spring Bash yet?!

What's the date for the spring bash? I know it's in April? Never road with this group so hoping to meet new friends, and have a great raid.

Last edited:
Not gonna make this one.

Thanksgiving morning playing football in Atlanta (annual tradition) suffered a complete tear of my left quadraceps tendon. So, no bike for 6 months! Surgery went well, good strong reattachment, and am ahead as far as physical therapy goes. Full recovery is expected with no residual problems. I actually had some previous injury to that tendon and the surgeon was able to address that in the same procedure. Problem is I was scheduled for a left rotator cuff repair of 4 tears the friday after Thanksgiving. But in light of my knee injury am scheduled for that procedure in May. So, total time off bike will be about 9 to 10 months! THe shoulder injury came from the gym. So, on injured reserve for a whole season. Ya'll have fun and be safe.

Hope you heal up real quick brother.

You can just come as Tom...I mean it's not like your Chuck Norris.

We have New Ride Group, and Advanced Ride group. But just Ride your own Ride and you will have a Very Enjoyable time..

Don't forget the Camera Ho Group, that would be Shane and Tim :poke:

Are there rides for Dragon virgins? Also what else goes on?

lots of good food, booze, and chit chats around the fire pit.... maybe some after hours activities... (ie: creeper rides down the hill behind the phillips).

Just show up and you won't be disappointed. Its a super fun time. There is a reason why the same people are showing up every year!!! :thumbsup:

edit: forgot to mention. Bring all your own booze. The county is dry and the nearest place to purchase any alcohol is about 20 miles away. :banghead:

Always someone to ride with, fast or slow or maybe inbetween. Great time to be had by all:thumbsup:

Hello all, been watching this thread group since the Fall Bash, tried to make it but couldn't pull it off. I definitely plan on making this one, never been so I'm looking forward to it. I do have a couple of questions having never been there. What is the weather like there in April? I live in Greer, SC and want to make sure I have enough layers on while riding. Is there any schedule on rides, like departure times for different days? I can only make it a couple of days and trying to figure out whats the best two days to come, its about a 3 1/2 hour ride for me and I don't want to get there to late and miss the departure times. Any help or advice from past members would be great. Also is there any of you that live close enough to me and would like to meet me along the way somewhere to ride in and show me the ropes. Thanks.

The last couple of years it's been in the 70's. People head out all the time on rides. Some groups set up times in the morning to go on the longer rides, Blood Mountain, Devils Triangle, or the dragon loop. I usually go up on Thurs. and come back Sat. evening. I'm not too far from you, we need to get together and do some riding. I haven't made up my mind yet which day I'm going but wouldn't mine the company.

Does everyone just meet in Robbinsville somewhere? and is anyone from Indiana going?

There are usually a couple people from around indiana that go. I know we are passing thru indianapolis...... ???

Back