Fall Bash 2009 -- Who's going?

Don't we RIDE rain or shine, just get some tips from ROCK, and WhiteLE 5 hrs of rain on the ride home.

Bogus is correct the weather was great last yr. I don't worried about the forecast until Im up there. The weatherman position is the only job you can screw up all the time and keep..

The weather in the mountains really is a guess - it changes quickly, and a rain forecast just means the roads won't be as crowded,,,

2 more hrs at work...then home to pack and get ready to hit the road bright and early Sunday morning. I....CAN'T....WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!

We need that damn low over Louisiana & Mississippi that just keeps spinning & is taking it's sweet time. TO LEAVE :banghead:

We need that damn low over Louisiana & Mississippi that just keeps spinning & is taking it's sweet time. TO LEAVE :banghead:

I'd like it to just be dry for Thursday and Friday. This will be my first bash riding myself....I'm not going to do it in the rain. :banghead:

You guys need to quit being weathermen and procrastinators.. Even if it did rain while you were there, would it ruin your trip?

I SHOULD be there. As long as none of my instructors decide to change something up on me and schedule a test for the following Monday, I'll be there. I do have one question though. . . Does anyone happen to have some extra room in their room? I'm a jobless full time student so money is really tight right now, but I really want to make this trip. I'll be trailering so if it comes down to it I'll just fold the seats down and sleep in the expedition, but if it winds up raining that'll get kinda hot with all the windows closed. . .

I SHOULD be there. As long as none of my instructors decide to change something up on me and schedule a test for the following Monday, I'll be there. I do have one question though. . . Does anyone happen to have some extra room in their room? I'm a jobless full time student so money is really tight right now, but I really want to make this trip. I'll be trailering so if it comes down to it I'll just fold the seats down and sleep in the expedition, but if it winds up raining that'll get kinda hot with all the windows closed. . .

Somebody speak up and help this man out. :thumbsup:

I haven't been to a Bash yet where it hasn't rained. Just ride when it isn't raining since it's usually spotty showers.

You are welcome to the floor and shower in my Room.

:thumbsup:

Rain, who cares. Don and I rode up in the rain one fall bash, think it was 06, got there and took a group to Cherokee, up the mountain, it was kind foggy, :laugh: then on to Gatlinburg, back through the gap to Robbinsville. That ride is still talked about and all that went had a really good time. You just need to slow down and enjoy the ride. :thumbsup:

When and were are the rides and photo shoots. I live about 3 - 4 hours away. I am considering driving up friday and staying maybe 30 mins away from the dragon then getting up staurday and meeting up with people. Where do the rides start from and when is roll out time?

There is a ride on Friday starting at the Phillips at 11:00 AM and finishing up at The Mountaineer Restaurant around 5:00 PM. The photoshoot is at the visitor's center at the Fontana dam at 10:00 Saturday morning. There's a memorial ride for Don leaving from the CRoT after the photoshoot, I think 12:30. Everything else will be ad-hoc as the weekend pans out.

We are loaded up and will be leaving in 13 hours. :cheerleader:

Thanks BusaWhipped I know I'll be there Saturday, since I know the Friday time I will try for that but don't know that I'll make it.

Any one have the address to The Mountaineer Resturant and the Fontana Dam????

Last edited:
The Mountaineer Restaurant
6490 Soco Rd
Maggie Valley, NC 28751

Now, you'd think I could come up with the address for Fonatana Dam, since I work for TVA. But I can tell you that if you put "Fontana Dam, NC" into mapquest you'll come up with something.

Ok, it looks like that actually sends you to Fontana Village. Try this...

fontanamap.jpg

Last edited:
Back