Tyres - Important Read this

OB_Zarniwoop

Registered
I've seen a lot of posts on replacement tyres for the Bus with some going for Pirelli's some for TX 25's and others hankering for Pilots etc. etc. ad nauseum.

BEFORE YOU CHANGE YOUR TYRES FOR A DIFFERENT BRAND CONTACT YOUR LOCAL SUZUKI IMPORTER FOR ADVISE!!!

The following was from my local tyre Dealer in England when I went to change mine last week.

"If you run a tyre that is not certified by Suzuki, unpredictable handling results may occur and if you have an accident and the Insurance Assesor sees you running a tyre not certified by Suzuki they may not pay out on the claim, which, if your fault could leed you sailing up Diahria Creek without a paddle.

So before swapping tyre brands, speak to Suzuki.

Frats

Z

ZARNIWOOP: If I'd stayed on those OE SlipStones, I'd not only have had an insurance claim by now, I'd be in hospital.

Suzuki allowed the lowest bidder to shoe their new bike.

Those OEs are downright dangerous.

[This message has been edited by Dirty Pete (edited 30 August 1999).]

Hey Zarniwoop, good to see you posting here on .ORG

Sorry to say it but that Onelist place has become a silly chat room.

I look forward to your input and your British perspectives.

Here's to the Fatherland of Hooliganism!!!!!

Pete,

Thanks for the welcome. With regard to tyres. It is my understanding from Avon, tyres J rated are good for speeds up to and in excess of 200 mph and normal tyres without the J ratings aren't.

Now I don't know how insurance works in America or Canada but assesors in England can take a very carefull look at how your bike is shod. Basically, anything to avoid a payout.

I was going to switch to Pilots but my local tyre dealer:-

A) Talked me out of them

B) Refused to fit them because he knew what bike I owned.

Just my two cents worth.

Frats

Z
(First private English Bus owner 01,03,99)

Zarniwoop, I checked with my insurance agent on this issue and he said that insurance companies here don't care what you've done to your bike or car. The only way they can avoid payout by law is if you were over the legal blood alcohol limit when have your accident.

Thank god. Sounds like you've got some pretty wormy insurance companies over there.

Pete

sorry Turbo, checked on availabilty on the Tx25 and rumor has it has been discontinued for a possible Pilot in the 200 size....But I do have them on backorder if and when they do come in....I will keep you posted ....

Back