New Rear Tyre

Delboybusa

Registered
Small pressure loss on the Pirelli MTR24 Dragon before last two rideouts was followed by a complete loss before going out last Monday.

Now, call me a wimp, but I'm not the kind of guy who's going out on a 'Busa with anything other than an A1 condition tyre or rather, tyres.

Next problem was to get the back wheel off. Well after you owned a VFR400 NC24 and two VFR800s, it comes as a shock to find you've got a rear spindle and a chain adjuster(?!!!!).
Well, in an earlier life, I did have a Katana 650 shaftie ( big and bloody heavy!) so the shock didn't last that long.

Managed to get a new standard Diablo from an outfit in Bradford (BFM) for £100 balanced & fitted on the loose wheel which wasn't too bad. Matches the front Diablo.

Scrubbed it in in a gentle way on the nearby A1M motorway and smaller country lanes, that is until some twat in a sports cage came too close. The red mist descended and I just had to "edge " away from him. Fortunately, there were no traffic boys around!

Well pleased with the Diablos, had them on the previous VFR and they do give a high degree of confidence in the wet or dry.

cheers
Delboybusa

ps I see that Michael Rutter (CBR1000RR) was clocked at 202mph on the public roads that form the North West 200 circuit. Quick or what!

I just put a set of diablos on my bus. They feel very nice!! I just put the first 100 miles on them this weekend!!

Delboybusa, if I hadn't already said Hello and welcome here it is....... Quick question about the cost of fuel. Just what does it cost to fill the mighty Busa in your home town? With gas prices rising in the USA I was curious to know what fuel cost around the world....... For the record gas in Ks is around $1.97 a gallon for the cheap stuff. One last question, what are the grades of fuel and their fuel octane rating? I realize they use a different system over seas. Thanks for fielding some questions.

Hi Ks-waterbug,

The quick answer is Fecking Expensive!...... and the real one is 82 pence per litre X 4.2 = £3.44 per Imperial gallon which is slightly bigger than a US Gallon. At USD 1.75 to the £, it's USD 6.02 per Imp.Gallon.

All in all, it's a lot more expensive....... so best not to mention that to us Brits!!!!!!

cheers
Delboybusa

Oops, Ks-waterbug, missed your other query.

I think the octane rating is 95 for the standard unleaded and 97 for the leaded.

Delboybusa

No you make perfect since to have good tires o the bike. I do not let mine wear down. i had a set of Diablos on the Green Dragon, I loved them in New England adn hated them in Florida. The straight roads in Florida ate the center down to the cord in less then 1500 miles. Twists you are sing the whole tire so t will last longer.

Back