BT56J and nothing else (uk)

G

Hi all

The Horny Rhino has been with me for 9 days and I now need a new tyre. I put this down to familiarisation (you know, the way you go over the top with a really cute new gurlfrend just to impress her!)

Anyhooo!
Time for a new BT56. Now I know the 'Busa was first to get the J's and I figure there must be a reason. Bridgestone will NOT recommend any other BT56, R or SS, for the Rhino due to the power output and high running speed with excessive centrefugal forces that the Rhino creates when all us fluffy law abiding bunnies are running around out there.
This means (metz's shite lego tyres excluded) that if you run with any other BT's on your Horny Rhino your insurance is void. Lets face it, who wants a tyre to come apart on them at speeds in excess of 195mph anyway. We all know we run the best, why cut corners in the single most important area of upkeep of our 'Busas?

That aside, does anyone know of some other tyre options apart from Metz and Bridges for our over the top ugly war horses.

Comments, from both sides of the pond, would be gratefully appreciated.

And yes, before you comment, I have entered a world of milk and honeydew as regards to owning the best bike ever.

That steeley eyed missile man

Yes very smooth B>W but you miss my point, these alternate hoops with dunlop et-al might be rather fab but how do you stand when one lets go or you open the roof of a tin box turning right (left if you is from the promised land) in front of you? Insurance round here is now starting to crack down hard on oversized/missmatched tyre choice, and with the Rhino Makers being so specific with the j's etc is it worth loosing an £8000 bike over a £30 saving on a black and nasty?

I was just wondering.Do you work for Bridgestone?The J's are fine tires,but they are not the only ones capable of withstanding the stresses created by the 'Busa.Manufacturers ALWAYS recommend Staying with the product in it's stock form.It gives them "wiggle room"to distance themselves from anything that should occur once people start changing brands on replacement parts.They have all kinds of data proving that the product is safe(under controlled conditions)as it is marketed.The owner's manual is full of examples telling you to use one brand over another.Does that mean that those brands are the best possible?
The bike is a product of engineering ,balanced in large part by a budget.You can bet that Bridgestone gave them the best deal on their tires to match the specs that they were given by Suzuki.
You are going to use tires like gas on this thing.Why not experiment and see which set suits your riding characteristics best.If they prove to be pieces of dung,you now that in 3000 miles or so that you can go back.
B21 :)

There is a Dunlop D207 reccomended for the Busa, I believe.

Also there may be a "J" version of the new BT010 tyres?

But I agree with you on fitment. Whilst bike manufacturers DO reccomend a particular tyre for their bikes (usually a choice of 2 or 3), in the Hayabusa's case, the BT56J has a SPECIAL CONSTRUCTION to deal with a bike wich made 20 hp more than it's nearest rival when it was launched, and was 10-15mph faster.

Why the hell would anyone want to risk their life by experimenting with tyres not reccomended?

There is a Busa fitment Azaro (both standard and Sport I believe) which is rated to 300KMH.

Make sure it's an Azaro II, it'll have V300 on the sidewall to comfirm the speed rating.

Plus in the UK Azaros are £50 a set cheaper than most other tyres!
Don't bother with the Avon website they haven't updated it yet.

Bridgestone are working on a B010 fitment - released in a few months.

This is what I like about this site. Plenty of useful information. I was wondering about the tire thing since I have a feeling I'm going to need new ones soon. Even though I didn't ask the original question, thanks for the info everyone contributed anyway.

the bt56ss work fine for track days, you will scrape the fairing before the tires drift. top speed has not been a problem for the tires with 207 mph indicated in back to back 3 mile runs. the tires are cheap by mail order only $109.97 american plus $8.00 for shipping anywhere in the USA from Chaparral motorsports, phone #800 841 2960

I quite agree young rogue. No busa00021, no bridgestone lackey me! As for trialing a different set in 3000 miles pleez let me know how you get more than a thou out of them cos my back booler is goosed after less than 1000(read one week!). Everyone I know who has run the new BT010's say they are a shile of pit and they just do not grip. Always the same complaint - cannot get any decent heat into them. Fine maybe in the Calif sun but here in Blighty could be a prob. then again anything with 175hp thro a 3inch contact patch is bound to heat up so i just cant get my head round it, as the actress said to the bishop

Back