tyre wear

delbert

Registered
hi guys, curently running avon storms on my 99. noticed earlier the front tyre is wearing uneven, you know how they start to go pointy, well this one is starting to wear flat on one side only.
im sure the 014 bridgestone before did it too, just wondererd if theres any reason for it , or may be i take more right hand corners, could it be the camber of the road ?
thanks for any info
sadnews.gif

recently done the seals , made sure adjustments were same, the 014 done this prior to work. guess it could be the road camber, there not the best of roads round here.
whistling.gif

Camber of the road will wear the left side of the tire more. Oh, I see you're in England were you drive on the wrong side, I mean left side
beerchug.gif
, of the road LOL. Wear on the right side of your tire should be normal. I asked the same question when it was time to change my front tire.
Hope all is good!
Shawn

Just changed my front storm, same thing,right side. Have had it happen to other brands also. All kinds of stories from the way the road is angled, the way the rider leans while riding, cornering better one way than the other, braking while cornering, tire weights on one side of the tire, suspension setup, etc etc.

If you ride a great deal with only one hand on the bars you are leaning. You may never notice the lean, but trust me, the bike is off to one side.

How far on the side of the tire are we talking?

Just off center?
Halfway between center and the edge?
Close to the edge?

If its halfway between the center and the edge I doubt its riding one handed, the way the road is banked, or fork seals because the bike has to be leaned over a fair amount to make that kind of wear.

I'd say you either make more right corners or carry more speed thorugh right hand corners which is wearing the right side of your tire faster than the left.

Wouldn't a pic best show what you are talking about? I mean lots of people ask questions where a pic can show what they are talking about. But never post one. HAHA!

My guess is gonna be that where you live you turn more on that side.
laugh.gif

In USA left turns are usually faster then right turns due to crossing traffic and longer arc you take while turning. Right side if in england. Right(USA) turns usually slower due to more stopping involved and tighter turns.

What type of rider are you? Like the twisties? How many miles on the tire?
smile.gif

intresting read ,
thanks ken
tyres done about 2.5k dont think pic will help its not that bad yet, you feel it more than see it at the mo.
intresting what charles said about carrying more speed through right handers , as i do feel more confident through them than left turns.
we do have alot of twisties where i live , i do like to get on it so to speak , so that could be the answer.
thanks for all the input
cheers dale
thumb_up.gif
thumb_up.gif

thumb_up.gif

Back