pilot road 2 or avon storms

dddd

Registered
Well its time for tyres (Front and rear) I have gone thru 2 bto15 rears and the std bto15 front (gen 2) and now want to try a dual compound tyre that will last a bit longer and perhaps corner just as well.

I have narrowed my search down to either pilot road 2 or avon storms, both seem to get good reports. I was hoping to hear from anyone who can help me decide between these two (has anyone tried both). Any feed back would be appreciated.

Dunno about the Avons, but love the Road 2s.
Great grip for a Sport Touring tire, wear comparable with anything else I've used. Michelins are expensive though.
Depends on how you ride. I love the twisties, but can burn up a set of sport tires in around 2000 miles. So I compromise, 'n go for the dual compound ST tires that will grip out on the edge, and still last for a little while. If you primarily do straight up stuff, the cheaper, harder compound Avons might suit the use better.

Well its time for tyres (Front and rear) I have gone thru 2 bto15 rears and the std bto15 front (gen 2) and now want to try a dual compound tyre that will last a bit longer and perhaps corner just as well.

I have narrowed my search down to either pilot road 2 or avon storms, both seem to get good reports. I was hoping to hear from anyone who can help me decide between these two (has anyone tried both). Any feed back would be appreciated.

Both are very good tyres...what type of riding do you prefer ???
Posted via Mobile Device

I am running the Storms front and rear. I am very please with them. I have ran Pirelli, Dunlop, Shinko and Bridgestone. Avon Storms beat them all. I think that the Pilots are supposed to be really good tires but I have not had any experience with them. Any way you wont be sorry if you got the Avon Storm.

Roads 2 are good for normal road use.Very good mileage.But not my type of tyre.:whistle:

Dunno about the Avons, but love the Road 2s.
Great grip for a Sport Touring tire, wear comparable with anything else I've used. Michelins are expensive though.
Depends on how you ride. I love the twisties, but can burn up a set of sport tires in around 2000 miles. So I compromise, 'n go for the dual compound ST tires that will grip out on the edge, and still last for a little while. If you primarily do straight up stuff, the cheaper, harder compound Avons might suit the use better.

Are you saying the avon storms are a harder compound than the PR2 , if so you may have answered my question, as I was concerned about the rear tyre losing grip under hard acceleration on these two longer lasting (harder compound) tyres as such I would take the PR2
The type of riding , mostly back roads ,never freeways while I do give it to it in the straights I wouldn't consider myself the bravest in corners

I have read reports that say the pirelli angel sts are also a great choice...

Ive been through many tires and Avons have always been to my liking...it's a bigger pref on your riding style and the feedback you want to get...never heard of anyone not liking the Storms yet...:bowdown:

Are you saying the avon storms are a harder compound than the PR2 , if so you may have answered my question, as I was concerned about the rear tyre losing grip under hard acceleration on these two longer lasting (harder compound) tyres as such I would take the PR2
The type of riding , mostly back roads ,never freeways while I do give it to it in the straights I wouldn't consider myself the bravest in corners

I ran a set of the Road 2's on my turbo bike this last season. Never had any issues with the tire breaking loose under acceleration. I put on about 3k on them and there is plenty of tread left. There a decent tire if you want long life and moderate grip for cornering.

JUst buy what you like and be done with it both are good tires. Not to mention it is good to experiment so you find what you like best over all

I'm running Avon storms now, they're sticking great and wearing like iron. Awesome tires. I have a set of PR 2's waiting to go on next :thumbsup:

I was gonna replace my tires with a set of the original Battlax---now I'm thinking I might try the Storms. I mostly sport tour with a few hard twisties thrown in for fun.

The ones that cost you the least. Both tyres are sound and pretty evenly matched.

on second set of storms , love em not had one brake away yet :thumbsup: 7k out the first set only changed em to get through inspection

PR2's would be my choice.... with the 2 you wrote about! I like the Pirelli's and Bridgestone as my choice.... Diablo Corsa's or Bt002's with the bt016 for street use!

Back