BT021 Tyres

celticBandit

Registered
At my last tyre change I went for BT021s. They are a fantastic tyre but wear a bit faster than BT020s.
I've noticed that the Front has worn at the same rate as the back. Both will need to be replaced together. Has anyone else noticed this from their BT021s.
Any other tyre I used I got 2 rears for each front. Must just be a compound thing.

All the best
Tony

I have not, I have about 5K on mine and they still have lots of tread.. WAAAYYYY better than stock tires.

I've heard a lot of people on here complaining about the 21's having horrible tread wear. I just put a set of 16's on mine and love em so far. I can't tell you anything about the tread wear yet cause they have just under 300 miles right now, but I'll post a review of em after about 7 or 8 thousand and let everyone know how they do.

i'm on bt21 @ 6500 miles. still have some left. my next one will be pilot road 2.

Last edited:
been a couple posts on the BT021 (supposed to be a longer distance tire)

My experience:
I never got really comfortable on the set I put on.. The bike simply never felt "sure footed" and the front tire was/is bald at 5000 miles.. From day one on these tires I expressed my concerns about how the bike felt and how noisy the tires were..

Anyway.. I contacted Bridgestone/Firestone and talked to them about the tire wear and handling issues.. they returned my call a few days later and consequently sent me a new front tire at no charge (there are a couple others here that also had this happen and got new fronts as well). There was apparently a tire compound issue that made the front tire wear less than optimal.. This I am hoping accounts for the "shaky" feel the bike had..

The new BT021's are still on the floor. (Dunlop Qualifiers on for bash trip)..

I did run the Dunlop Qualifier with the BT021 rear and the bike rode just fine, the rear will slide ahead of the front but it is very predictable and very easy to control..

Will update on the "new" BT021 after I get them back on..

I burned the sides of my front BT-021 to the wear bars in 3500 miles and the rear almost as bad. But the 1100 slab miles to the races produced almost no noticable wear on the center of either tire. Strange tires those Bridgestones.
I'm using Pilot Road 2s next, cost a fortune but they have gotten stellar reviews here on the Org, and I've found the Org doesn't lie.:thumbsup:

got over 1500 miles on my 021's and so far the wear is very good... there's someone on here that got 12,000 out of a set of Avon Storms - may have to try those next :thumbsup:

I was at the MotoGP last weekend in INDY and I was there with Bridgestone. I was talking to one of their tem members, and he had made a comment to me that I should use the BT021 for the rear, but he told me to use my factory front (i have an '07 that is due for a whole set at the end of this season) He said that have some tweaking to do on the front, he told me they do not wear just right!

You could have purchased two sets of Bridgestones latest and greatest BTO16's from Cycle Gear on their recent sale ($199 for the set) for what you'll pay for a single set of Pilot Road 2's.

Personally, I am happy to spend a bit more money on tires to keep bubble bum stick on the road! A single crash due to loss of traction will by far be more costly than the few bucks saved on touring tires. My :2cents:

You could have purchased two sets of Bridgestones latest and greatest BTO16's from Cycle Gear on their recent sale ($199 for the set) for what you'll pay for a single set of Pilot Road 2's.

Personally, I am happy to spend a bit more money on tires to keep bubble bum stick on the road! A single crash due to loss of traction will by far be more costly than the few bucks saved on touring tires. My :2cents:

I did exactly that and they are sitting in my garage, waiting for me to wear out the Avons I have on there now (might be awhile!)

BT016 = DOT bubble gum
BT002RS = DOT duct tape

At almost 1000 miles on my BT016's they show very little wear. They are very confidence inspiring.

:beerchug:

Done ~ 3000 miles on BT-021 and yeah, it looks like front is wearing about the same rate like rear. I think, I will need change both at the same time ~ 6000 miles. Riding mostly long trips and veeery long trips :laugh:

Back