Two-up Riding Question

I am 175lbs. and the my Karen is 112lbs and she couldnt be happier! Ride 2 up with her all the time and a back pack! The busa is a big girl and can handle it fine!

Well she's been asking me for a while to take her for a ride. This weekend her wish will come true :-) I told her the only condition is that she has to wear a thong :thumbsup:

Well she's been asking me for a while to take her for a ride. This weekend her wish will come true :-) I told her the only condition is that she has to wear a thong :thumbsup:

You know that the board will require pics :rulez:

The Busa can take it brother, just remember throttle control. The front wheel will be a little lite :thumbsup:

If it's the person first time on a motorcycle - ride extra slow until they give you a thumbs up. And slowly increase overall speed and exceleration. I hadn't ridden on the back of a bike in 20 years until fairly recently - it was scary to me (just not being in control). Also - you might want to mention helmets bumping is ok. but if you have a nice helmet (customize) helmet clanking over time can muff it up! By the way we were topping out at 420lb.

If your new to toting, braking is different, turning is different, going ummm not so much.
Whenever I take someone out that hasn't rode with me I give them a quick lesson.
1. HOLD ON!
2. grip with your legs a little.
3. DO NOT sit up when leaned into a corner.

Put 1300cc's between every woman's legs and the human race may be in trouble...Now that is funny!

I ride 2up at least 3-4 days a week my gf gets jealous if I get all the busa time and I have no problems what so ever with my bike at stock height. :thumbsup:

my passengers must be lighter then I was when i was 28 years old..at that time i was 165#s now Iam 39 and 210:laugh:

Re: Two-up Ridding Question

She cant be back there moving all over the place. She also will need to learn how to lean with you and fight you in the corners.

GOOD advice !! TRUST me on this, make sure she knows NOT to move around until you stop COMPLETELY. My wife always wanted to sit up, and adjust herself, just as we would be comming to a stop, and that WILL dump you !! Just tell her to wrap her arms around you (like a hug), that way when you lean she will too.

Tell her when you are comming to a stop she can put her hands on the gas tank, to keep her from sliding forward, and crushing your boys.

The Busa will handle great 2-up. I'm 215 lbs., and I've riddin my boys girl, and she's around 180 or so, with no problems. You won't even notice her that much until you're going slow.

Re: Two-up Ridding Question

Thanks for the information. We will be heading to Williamsburg for Labor Day weekend. I am going to load my bike in the truck and on Sunday morning I am going to take her for a ride to VA Beach. She is going to love it!

i am so jealous...why am i still in the desert

Back