Race bike or Poser bike?

Puck like what you had to say! Me personally I like proving all the nay sayers wrong! When I got the busa all my friends said that I was going to kill them on the way to the mountain but they would eat me up in the mountains! Well I happen to believe that nothing is impossible. So I was on a mission to prove the busa can corner! After meeting a few LA riders like bigger Danno I knew it could be done! So for me the track and the twisties was the answer! Now I admit some of those canyons are tight! Each week one more gets behind me and can't pass so I know I am getting faster. The track time is the ticket for me! I love the busa and yes there are better bikes for cornering but isn't it nice to be on one that does it all.

Marc "Howlin Mad"

I will be brutaly honest. I thought the Busa was the ugliest bike I ever saw. It still isn't the prettiest one I can think of, but it is growing on me. I really miss my ZX-9, but I didn't like the tranny. I wanted a GSXR750. I got married and she wanted the Busa. She knew it was the most comfortable for 2 up that I would buy and I also wanted to do more sport touring. As soon as I have more money I will dump all of it into making that bike lighter to keep up with the lighter bikes in the twisties. Fortunately I have the experience to beat the average guy, but my friends are average. I ride with some of the extreme guys for this area so I will see how the Busa holds up. If only Canada would stop sending this damn cold weather down.

OH, so to answer the question, I bought the Busa for comfort. All the liter-plus bikes out there are fast. I don't care if mine is the fastest.

Love at first sight. Addicted on first ride. I'm a power poser. For me the the busa is the Ultimate Power Tourer. I can strap on my bags and flow to wherever in the triple digits with about as much comfort as my SUV, and a lot more excitement. Or I can get with the boys and roll through the twisties. No matter whats said about it, its still the fastest production motorcycle on the planet and no one challenges that. And with all the chrome goodies I've got on mine and the natural good looks of the bike... Perhaps you can feel me when I say "POWER POSER" ....

We're going coast to coast this year ..... Its gonna be a good year

But I like to pose on my race bike!!!
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
tounge.gif

biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

Mine is mostly stock..drilled out stock mufflers, switchable tre,
givi small hard bags, small airbox mod......I have done all the things a pretty much stock Busa can do...184 in fifth, scrubbed the tires to the edge, first gear wheelies...to redline.
....set up suspension to what Sport rider magazine said awhile back.....Busa just rocks..but not much to look at after all the mods i have seen...still the question remains...the Busa can rock ...."even semi stock" can you do it???
I believe rider ability is still the main thing.....when in comes to max perf, I don't claim to be the the fastest or quickest..
But a "stock" Busa can "Rock your World" If you learn how..
Let the beatings begin..
cool.gif

Good point Robt!  So all the polished bikes do you guys take your machines to the track or rail your favorite piece of road?

Marc "Howlin Mad"
Marc you talking about me
smile.gif
you've seen my bike, and it looks like a poser bike, but it can straight bring it.
Yosh Cams
HMF bigbird
small box/w BMC filter
Tre
42t
When I was having her built, by the famous JohnnyCheese the plan was and still is to get her to the dragstrip
muscle.gif
As most know in Texas, we like a lot of power, because we have plenty of roads for top speed runs
wink.gif
Now that I'm in Cali, most out here rail, I'm not much of a railer.
I need practice I quess
1zhelp.gif

Hey Purple whats up bro. Met a guy who knows you yesterday. He says you guys have sushi together before. I am in the new cycle gear store in Murrietta. Finally got it open. We are a block down from Temecula Motorsports. Stop in and say hey.

Marc "Howlin Mad"

Hey Purple whats up bro.  Met a guy who knows you yesterday.  He says you guys have sushi together before.  I am in the new cycle gear store in Murrietta.  Finally got it open.  We are a block down from Temecula Motorsports.  Stop in and say hey.

Marc "Howlin Mad"
Cool I'll stop by and see you, I still need to price a set of leathers, just a black set like the ones you wear, never know when I'm going to get the bike painted
smile.gif
You must have met Fragg, he hangs out at SH.org. Yea we met for lunch ones here in Temecula and had a little sushi.

Actually I think it was a friend of Fragg's. He works next to me at the hardwood floors shop. I am getting my new leathers tomorrow. Stop by when you get a chance. I won't be there until Friday.

Marc "Howlin Mad"

You guys are hitting all the right buttons about the busa. I like it because it fits my body 6'0 220 and it does everything well. Of course, it blasts down straights better than any other production bike. Yes even the liter bikes with extras because physics cannot be ignored. The Busa is steady as a rock beyond 170 mph.

I bought mine because everytime I looked at pictures of one I got a woodie...

plus I like the feeling of being able to walk off and leave 99.9% of everything on the road when I'm out riding whenever I feel like turning my wrist.

and it's comfortable on longer rides.. unlike the more "track oriented" bike.

Back