Two riders killed on Busa, so far

OB_Bob

Registered
Ladies/Gentlemen:
Just heard something from a local bike speed shop that i have not verified.
They said two riders were killed within the greater Chicago area so far on the Busa. One slammed into a cop, the other T-boned a van.
Hope its just a rumor.
Just reminds you to respect the power.
Bob

[This message has been edited by Bob (edited 31 August 1999).]

Thanks for the info. It is a reminder to keep it safe. Sometimes you can't help, but some are avoidable. I hope it's a rumor.

soja1

Info from an area racer/shop employee a couple of Sundays ago on Mt Cheaha:

His shop near Talledega parted out the bike from a fatal (rider) collision with a dog near Birmingham Alabama area.

"Complete Engine" sold for $3200.

Geez..Slammed into a Cop ?? !! Wasn't me I was off that day. Hmmmmm ? do you think he was running from the Police ? Oh Well ))

161 ®

We are Americans, we reserve the right to give the middle finger to a few laws, as long as you are good enough not to put someone else at risk.

Hit a cop? Hey, if the officer shines the light on you, shut it down. Maybe you didn't screw up when you broke the law, but you sure screwed up when you got caught. In that case, take your lumps like a man. No sense making a bad thing worse.

Well put Mr. Bear No need to put anyone else at risk. What was a Cop doing in the area,,why would this guy Hit a Cop ?? Tells me he was most likely running and he lost it..now he's Worm food. if not then God rest his soul..but if thats the case..then we have one less foolish rider on the road to worry about. Suppose he hit anyone of our family memebers ??. Don't Ride like sugarbritches people. you'll live long enough to burn the paint off a ZX-12.

161 ®

Wow lots of hostility here.Dont forget cops are people too.Seeing things that they do changes them ,it would change anybody.You begin to have a us verses them mentality ..you have to to survive.Unless there in some little hic town eating donuts and handing out traffic violations.It sucks when a fellow biker bites the big one but we all know the risks we take for our freedom.I have to agree with the Bear also if a cop flashes you pull over man, isn`t your life worth more than a speeding ticket?

Why do you assume it was the riders fault? You dont even know the fact yet you blame the rider and call him stupid. The cop probably thought the stop sign was optional for him and so this citizen pays the price with his life. Its a possibility.

nuff said, I dont think we need a second thread about cops :)

Falcon Cop, when a police officer dies in the line of duty, do you also call him "worm food"? For the record, I do not believe you are a cop. You are too insensitive to be a decent human being, let alone even a bad cop, but I still don't believe you are a cop. Unfortunately, you must be a human being unless they have taught monkeys how to post on the internet. By the way, two people who are cops were mortified that you represent yourself as one of them. Like I said before, your posts speak volumes about who you really are. Quit playing games and get a life. It may be catching up to you sooner than you think....

[This message has been edited by GSXRTURBO1 (edited 02 September 1999).]

I also don't believe a genuine law enforcement agent (good or bad) would behave this way either. We've had a lot of flakes come and go on Hayabusa.org and this is just another one IMO.

I work with cops all the time. When you get to know them they are great people with a tough job. Sometimes its tough to get to know a police officer unless your fortunate enough to have a job like mine where i deal with them all the time. Actually cops are a lot of fun to hang out with. They are like us, but even more so. You may not understand that last statement unless your a cop or hang with them.............

FalconCop posted that he did 191 on his Busa, and a fellow officer certified his speed with radar. Unless he had access to a private, abandoned airfield(which I doubt), I'm going to assume that he did this on a public road and consequently "put other people's lives in danger" during his feat. Now if he replies "no one else was around, blah, blah, blah", I'll wonder why the typical standard officer's responses such as: "some one could have pulled out in front of you", "you could have blown a tire and veered out of control into an innocent bystander", etc., etc. don't apply to him and where was his great concern for saftey.

I agree and find his concern "in the name of saftey" very suspect. People who have a genuine concern for the safety, i.e. "well being of others", typically don't display such a callous attitude. It is more in line with people who use the safety issue as an excuse to whack people with a stick.

[This message has been edited by Zleeper (edited 02 September 1999).]

Falcon, I see you're right back to your evil ways.

My theory is that were rejected from the Police Academy for moral turpitude and failing your ethics exam.

Or maybe they found out about your old conviction for trashing and slashing cars and motorcycles.

Now you're a security guard at a Piggly Wiggly supermarket who rides a '67 Honda Dream to work and you're living out your wannabeacop fantasy by threatening and pestering people on our site.

Every time you appear here, you upset people.

You had your chance to lighten up.

Why you just go hang around the Brinks site and bother them...

Personally, I'm giving up on you and I hope the others do the same.

[This message has been edited by Dirty Pete (edited 03 September 1999).]

Thanks guys for the inspiration!
Thats what i was thinking....i get paid minimum wage,who cares?
I finally got a job i give a poop about.

I can see it now....work,ride,work,ride....Atco Raceway,eat,sex,sleep and repeat.

Boy am i gonna feel shitty and be embarrassed if bossman backs down....especially after i told you guys.
Do you think i could still have trouble financing my bike,now?

Like the idea of my own motorcycle shop!
Thats a nice long term goal.

Also like the thought of road testing bikes...can't think of nothing much more exciting than that.
Its a suzuki/kawasaki dealer...fantastic!!
I'm friggin thrilled!
I was talking to bossmans son...asked him if he has taken the 'Busa out for a spin,and he shook his head replying no.
I couldn't believe it,the bikes been there since june and he hasn't rode it.
His reason was 'cause he was afraid of losing his license.
Well...his son and another cat are off to school soon....and thats when hopefully i come in.

Sorry about preempting this thread for unrelated purposes but well it needs some positive words.

BUDDA
A positive attitude goes a long way. Someone once told me if you're going fishing for whales, bring a spoon. You're going to have a lot of meat to eat. If you don't make it this time be a good sport and leave the door open for the next time. The biggest problem small businesses have is getting help that's neat, clean, willing to learn and has a positive attitude. It's amazing how tough it is to find people like that.

End of Sermon # 3

[This message has been edited by Lyle (edited 03 September 1999).]

For those of you who who obviously dislike The Police or Me for whatever Reason..it seems to me that you've had some run in's with law Enforcment that tick you off ?? too many Points on your DL ?,,maybe a past DWI whack,arrested for whatever ??,,or just hate authority and the laws of this land. Who really gives a poop if you believe I'm a Cop or not.
Do you really think I'm going to become emotional because of a story of a Dead Rider on a Busa ? spare me the tears )). I see wrecks Every week.

Some of you Pepole have a big Problem with authority..and you put your anger of the police towards me on this site. I laugh & chuckle every time some of your losers respond with such Dislike..my..my..my

And to the Idiot who said Radar..it was a Laser he clocked me with at 191 you Chump !

Have a Great Labor Day : )

161 HOOYAH !!

Your right Lyle...if he doesn't hire me tues. i won't walk out all pissed off,i'll save it.

You know he asked me if i was a parts guy,'cause he said he's always looking for them.And i said no....i'm just a super motorcycle enthusiast.
And the minute i said that,i was like idiot!Couldn't you think of anything else?But then...he said,well...that goes a long way.And i thought to myself,damn really?Then he went on asking me how old i was and if i'm going to school.And i said 20 and no.
Then started telling me how his son is heading off to school and another guy too!And asked me to stop back after memorial day!
So what do you think...am i in?
The wait till tues is absolutely killin me!

GSXturbo..you're the one who's been arrested right ?,,tickets ?? your Ins.rates go up because of the Police. I bet thats it,,your one of those wanabe tough Guys on the street..but when you get arrested or see those pretty Red lights in your rear view mirror you pucker up like a little B*tCH.

Spare Me,,I see your Ilk every 8 hr tour of duty..shut up and pull over >> let me see your DL,Reg,and insurance..NOW !!

"The Law" 161

Damn Falco....you sure do know how to make friends.
It seems from your posts....that even with just a random pullover,and even if the person didn't do anything...you would find something.
Are you that kind of guy?

You sound like the most aggravated motherfucker on the face of the planet!
Maybe you should give up being a cop...theres much more fun to have out there.But then again your right...what would we do without you?
Lifes short,explore your options.

I've been through poop job after poop job my whole life,and now....i actually have a shot at something i really love,and thats motorcycles!

I was up at my dealer(woodbury power sports)and was chattin with the owner about the 'Busa,and motorcycles in general.
And as he was talking i started dreaming a little looking down at the Busa thinking damn i need that bike,then looking around thinking...i need a cool job too.
Then all of a sudden it happened....umm do you guys do any hiring towards the end of summer,and now he told me to stop back after labor day!
As i sit in suspense,i hope to god he hires me.
No matter how pathetic it may sound...it could be the single greatest thing to ever happen for ME,taking care of two of my biggest problems.

Does/has anyone work for a motorcycle dealer?
Do you enjoy it?
For me...just the simple idea of having to go to work everyday and see motorcycles,is a beautiful thing!
Anything else come along with it?
I know this has nothing to do with the topic...but i couldn't stop my hand,and had to talk about it!Please god!Please god!Please god!

Anyways my heart definetely goes out to the 2 riders.
We all die...but not EVERYONE'S soul deserves to be taken.
In other words...i don't think writing them off,even if they were runnin makes much sense.
But now if they were mindless raping murdering human predators...then of course,rot forever.

Buddha,
Yea, i worked for a dealer when i was 17
years old as a mechanic and bike tester. Great job! Getting paid to trash fresh Kaw's,
Norton's, BSA's AND AJS, Bridgestone's, etc.
Do what you have to do-get your job and learn as much as you can on other peoples bikes, just dont kill yourself learning how to style. Buy your Bussa' from work if that's what you really want. Just be safe, and never
drink or use drugs if you are going to ride.
ever. I know i sound like FC161 but that part is really valid on the high power bikes. Just to easy to loose it or get carried away showing off. How do i know this? Many trips to jail, and still limp from my younger days.

ducmanic
Los Angeles

Back