Two Piece Suits - What do you have?

ajblbv

Donating Member
Registered
So I am interested in buying a two piece outfit that can be worn as just pants or jacket depending on scenario, and wanted to see what all you had?

I would like for the pants to be able to be on over dress pants for work, and easy to take off then. Safety of course is the main point though. Jacket, I will consider leather or textile, but would lean toward leather from my experience.

Anywho, lets see what yall got, if you could in each post say what exactly you have on.

I have the Kobe two piece, got it when they had a group buy here in 06.

Arlen Ness, sweet suit :beerchug:

arlen ness.jpg

Alright went back and read your post. Joe Rocket Alter Ego, will hold up when needed. Strips out for the weather. Easy to get into and out of. Pants zip up to the thigh. Rain liner included that can be removed. Keeps the wind and cold out too.

Teknics... If I start doing more track day stuff... a one piece is in my future..

joe rocket blaster perforated leather pants and i also have the solid leather version of them. worn with the matching blaster jacket
Posted via Mobile Device

Teknic Chicane 2-piece. Got a great deal on, $275 from NewEnough.com. Originally, I figured I could wear just the pants or just the jacket or both as I chose. Not so. The jacket is too short to wear with other pants, the pants are too high-waisted to wear with other jackets. The other thing is that it's quite an operation to get in and out of the thing. Don't get me wrong, I love the suit and it was a great deal, but if I had my 'druthers, for the street I'd get a suit that was longer in the jacket, shorter in the waist on the pants and had a zipper setup for the leg or legs that made getting in and out easier. My budget just hasn't caught up with my wish list.

Best of luck!

Teknic Chicane 2-piece. Got a great deal on, $275 from NewEnough.com. Originally, I figured I could wear just the pants or just the jacket or both as I chose. Not so. The jacket is too short to wear with other pants, the pants are too high-waisted to wear with other jackets. The other thing is that it's quite an operation to get in and out of the thing. Don't get me wrong, I love the suit and it was a great deal, but if I had my 'druthers, for the street I'd get a suit that was longer in the jacket, shorter in the waist on the pants and had a zipper setup for the leg or legs that made getting in and out easier. My budget just hasn't caught up with my wish list.

Best of luck!
Couldn't have put it any better myself.

Alpinestars RC-1, 2 piece, but you are not going to be able to wear it over dress pants.

Good posts guys, lots of stuff to look at. I have a custom jacket from Fox Creek Leather and have been in need and wanting a good pair of pants.

Looking at the alter ego 2.0 jacket, and ballistic pants because the ego pants arent CE rated in the knees? also maybe speedmaster boots? all rocket's leather pants look to be a pain getting in and out of...

looking at the other lines of stuff now...

Best of luck!

What metalgod said. I got a 2pc Alpinestars octane suit thinking the same thing, but.... The Jacket is way to short and tight to wear by itself. Although it is really nice to be able to take the jacket off when at the track and leave the pants on and walk around. You don't want to wear one with out the other. Race suits are supposed to fit tight. On a street jacket you can get away with it being a little bigger.

Back