1 piece suit

jch364

Registered
Fellas and gals. I am gonna pull the trigger on a one piece suit this spring. I have been reading up on the many different types. Right now I have an ultra nice alpinestars smx air flow jacket which I love with some rocket 5.0 race leathers. But I want to move up to a nice one piece for the track days i plan on doing this year for the first time. And just cause I want one. so the question is what to get. I don;t mind paying upwards around $1200 to 1300 for a suit. I have considered the alpinestars smx 1 piece since its basically just a one piece suit of the jacket I already own.

The features that I think would be important besides quality would be weight, and air flow and flexibility comfort. I have seen some suits that are Kangaroo. Most are regular leather. Lots of brands so its hard to distinguish the differences between them some times.

Oh a zip out liner is a must, least you funk up your leather. And aint nothing worse than funky leather!!!

I got the boots and gloves taken care of with sidi vertig airs and held phantoms.

So what are your favorite brands and why? Thanks for the input

I just got the Dainese Laguna 1 pc. leather preforated suit. It cost me 1000.00
It is brand new so I cant give it a review, but it certainly is very nice. Also the Moto GP kangaroo suit is nice.
beerchug.gif

komodo looks VERY well made from my research, brendan has komodo and can probably give you a review.

I do have a Komodo Ceno series jacket. I forgot about that! Very well made. The 1 pc. suit is basically the same with the pants added. You cant go wrong with Komodo.
Here's my jacket

komodo.jpg

Im looking into these options. I had not heard of komodo before. Any particular website you would choose to buy from? I looked up the website Powers739 suggested. Man i like that site. First time I have seen a real review of the suits. Nicely done. I know I am ignorant on this but i haven't heard of the guy on that site who is promoting the celtic design. It looks really nice from what I can tell. I was leaning towards alpinestars mx or maybe one of the moto gp with the kangaroo cause its lighter but now Im not sure...lol so many choices. Hey, anyone know about what the weight difference is between the cow hide vs kangaroo is?

I also have this 549.00 MX1 jacket. They make the 1pc suit too. Real good quality.

mx1.jpg

Spidi makes some really good stuff too.

I found that the vast majority of the racers out there (club level) have a suit made for them by Barnacle Bill (http://www.racingleather.com/). Everyone I talked to that used him swears by his work. It's almost impossible to find a suit off the shelf that fits you properly...there is one cure for that.

beerchug.gif

brendanp were did you get your suit at for that price if you dont mind me asking. I cant find them in a 1 piece at that price.

Well, I have pretty much decided to go with the gerricke celtic from sportbiketrackgear.com Thanks powers for the website. I hope this is a good decision. I think it is from what I have been able to determine. Since I am no kinda pro and would only get to do a track day a couple of times a year, I think this suit is better then the alpinestars mx I was looking at for $1200. A better suit yes but its way better then the kind of riding I would likely ever get to do. Besides getting this suit allows me to get a really good back protector and under suit and still spend less then the alpinestars.

thanks again for all of the suggestions. It helped me make what i hope is a good informed decision......C yalll at the bash!

Look for the YKK steel zippers. Some of the new suits are being made with plastic zippers. They might be just fine but somehow, I just don't trust them.

--Wag--

I just got a 1 pc Alpinestars Octane suit. It was gonna be between that and the Joe Rocket GPX 1 pc. But I've had the GPX 2 pc in the past and felt it was time for a change. The Alpinestars suit fits and feels like a gem. I haven't used it yet. But I'll be able to give a better report after the 2 day trackday event in Pahrump.

How important is having a removable liner? I plan on getting an undersuit and some bohn adventure shorts with the suit. I would think that it would still be kind of a pain without a removable liner........any thoughts on this?

You might check out TrackAddix website. These guys know track day leathers, and they're big on Vanson.

http://trackaddix.com/

Sure makes sense to have topnotch gear when it's the only thing between you and the asphalt in the event of a 100+mph "get off."

Back