LightCycle

Donating Member
Registered
wtf?
Prayers for the family.

http://www.wtop.com/?nid=104&sid=872918

2 Brothers Die on Same Road, Same Night
Aug 7th - 7:14am

BUTLER, Pa. (AP) - Two brothers were killed in separate motorcycle accidents on the same stretch of road and within just two hours of each other. One was headed to the scene of his brother's accident.

Steven Kerr, 37, of West Sunbury, was killed late Saturday when his motorcycle crashed into a speed limit sign on state Route 38, state police said.

Less than two hours later and only about 100 yards away, 29-year-old Jeremy Kerr was fatally injured when his motorcycle crashed into the rear of a vehicle stopped in traffic on Route 38, police said.

Jeremy Kerr, of Hilliards, was speeding as he headed for the scene of his brother's accident, and traffic was stopped because emergency crews were still at the scene, officers said.

The occupants of the other vehicle suffered minor injuries.

Butler is about 30 miles north of Pittsburgh.

<!--EDIT|LightCycle
Reason for Edit: None given...|1154972874 -->

My mind cant even fathom how this happens...
sad.gif

That just sucks. My prayers go out to the family and friends of these two fellow riders.

sad.gif
 I'm sorry to read that.  It made me think about something my instructor said in MSF class though "don't ride under duress".  Can you imagine the emotions you're feeling upon hearing a loved one was in an accident (let alone if you already know they're deceased) and to get to the scene you jump on a motorcycle?

Regardless of our understanding, God has a plan.  May The Lord bless the family and friends affected.

<!--EDIT|BiG-T
Reason for Edit: "spellcheck"|1154975085 -->

Man, that is just so sad, My Prayers and thoughts are with their Family...

Wow. Sounds like Steven maybe lost control of his motorcycle and hit the sign, then maybe Jeremy lost control of his emotions and was more focused on getting to the scene than getting there safely... This is an aweful tragedy and my thoughts and prayers go out...
But it may emphasize why it is so important to be in a solid and focused frame of mind when you get behind the wheel of a car or sit on a bike... Aweful things happen when we are not focused on what we are doing...
Again, my thoughts and prayers go out to the family and friends

That is just sad beyond words. Condolences to the family.

My goodness...maybe I shouldn't encourage my brother to get a bike as well.

Fatally crashed into a speed limit sign...how grossly ironic is that? And then for his brother, on the way to the scene. Just blows my mind. The family, mother, must be in shambles.

Back