Two motorcyclist killed when car going 100MPH jumped railroad track

...driver did not brake?! ...no recollection?! ....no alcohol involved?! ...maybe other drugs?! ....did she black out? stroke? seizure? .....more needs to be known.

R.I.P. to those who passed and prayers to those who even had to witness such a horrific event...

...but please don't be quick to deal death and judgement without knowing the cause and reasons for this happening! ...sometime, an accident is an accident.

100+mph does not happen in a four door Saturn by accident, at 40 years old this driver needs put away for a long time. A reckless 15 year old that just flat out doesn't know better I would find it easier to have some pity. But this lady HAD to have known what she was doing could end very tragically. RIP riders I hope they serve your memory by sending a strong message to the community by throwing the book at the driver.

...driver did not brake?! ...no recollection?! ....no alcohol involved?! ...maybe other drugs?! ....did she black out? stroke? seizure? .....more needs to be known.

R.I.P. to those who passed and prayers to those who even had to witness such a horrific event...

...but please don't be quick to deal death and judgement without knowing the cause and reasons for this happening! ...sometime, an accident is an accident.

I hate to agree but I do until the specific circumstances are discovered I hold no opinion of the driver . My thoughts and prayers to the families of the riders. :-(

What a sad, sad story! We never know when God will call each one of us home. Prayers go out to the riders' family and friends. RIP

100+mph does not happen in a four door Saturn by accident, at 40 years old this driver needs put away for a long time. A reckless 15 year old that just flat out doesn't know better I would find it easier to have some pity. But this lady HAD to have known what she was doing could end very tragically. RIP riders I hope they serve your memory by sending a strong message to the community by throwing the book at the driver.

Recently we had a member on the board (I'll try to find the link to the thread) post up that he was selling his Busa. It's a very responsible act on his part, though I imagine a difficult thing to do. The reason for the sale of his two wheeled lover is that he has started to have black-outs, some of which have occurred while driving his car. A black-out in the car is what prompted him to go get checked out. If I recall he said he had a very mild case of Alzheimer's or something of the like which was the most likely reason for the black-outs.

So, let's reserve our judgement. It could be she's suffering from some ailment that has yet to be diagnosed. I would point out that it's not likely that a 40 year old woman, going even 50 mph at a railroad track with an obvious rise to it (she "jumped" it after all), isn't going to brake at least a little bit. At the given 100mph it sounds to me as if she just might have blacked out or seized, her foot got heavy or extended accelerating the car to that speed, and she truly has no memory of the accident.

Rest in peace to those we lost. Best wishes to those that remain, including the driver of the car.

Recently we had a member on the board (I'll try to find the link to the thread) post up that he was selling his Busa. It's a very responsible act on his part, though I imagine a difficult thing to do. The reason for the sale of his two wheeled lover is that he has started to have black-outs, some of which have occurred while driving his car. A black-out in the car is what prompted him to go get checked out. If I recall he said he had a very mild case of Alzheimer's or something of the like which was the most likely reason for the black-outs.

So, let's reserve our judgement. It could be she's suffering from some ailment that has yet to be diagnosed. I would point out that it's not likely that a 40 year old woman, going even 50 mph at a railroad track with an obvious rise to it (she "jumped" it after all), isn't going to brake at least a little bit. At the given 100mph it sounds to me as if she just might have blacked out or seized, her foot got heavy or extended accelerating the car to that speed, and she truly has no memory of the accident.

Rest in peace to those we lost. Best wishes to those that remain, including the driver of the car.

Seems like she could have had a seizure just like stated above. It is a tragedy regardless of the circumstances. Had it been involuntary, that woman will have it hanging over her the rest of her life.

my god....I couldn't Imagine witnessing this horrific accident, and they probably didn't even know it was coming for them...
GODSPEED fellow riders

Last edited:
5383205_070719-kabc-oc-fatal-collision-ocfa-img.jpg

Red you didn't catch me with your fishing but I did read the original article because of you and searched for the follow up court case. Here is the court convention.

lot of weird stuff in that story. it takes an effort to get a Saturn sedan over 100 mph. no drugs, no alcohol. if I ever get in trouble I'm going to use the I was sad defense. bet I get life!

lot of weird stuff in that story. it takes an effort to get a Saturn sedan over 100 mph. no drugs, no alcohol. if I ever get in trouble I'm going to use the I was sad defense. bet I get life!

I'll second that effort it takes to get a saturn to a 100mph :thumbsup:
I have a 99 sl1 saturn with 307000 on it I use for a commuter and that things so slow I'll ocasionally get passed by kids on roller skates

Back