Turbo?

Fastfrog007

Donating Member
Registered
Want to turbo my 06 Busa 16k miles. Thinkin Velocity racing or Hahn with 6lbs of boost. Ride alot and dont want to shorten the life of or blow up my motor. Bolt on at home and enjoy? The systems come with base maps, are they okay to run with or do i need dyno tuning? All info is much appreciated.

If you do it right, you wont hurt the motor. Just make sure you don't cut any corners. I would look at RCC as well, great kits. I like to get mine tuned, though I think the base maps they send out are good enough. See what the other guys say!:cheerleader:

I would avoid Hahn....but Velocity or RCC with 6 lbs on a stage 1 kit would last forever, and run awesome, if you don't run it wide open for miles at a time and run premium gas, and a GOOD octane booster when you do plan to hammer on it. The better turbo makers usually have pretty good plug and play maps. If you go turbo you will have to resist the urge to keep turning the boost up though.....or you'll end up with a broke motor :( If you can leave the bike alone once its set-up and running good, with a high quality turbo kit, it'll run you till you sell it ;)

I were turbocharging a engine with 16k on it I would pull the enging down and change the rings, bearings, do a valve job on it and index the cams but that is me.:whistle:

Hi Frog, Big Red said it to the tee. I have been running a Hahn for a year now and have had no problems. the base maps are ok but are generally set rich so you can get to a tuner to dial it in. i can give you a base map that worked great for me but unless you have A/F monitor onboard you really don't know what is going on under boost. boost is addicting and tempts you to turn it up. you can still have fun at 6lbs and not have to spend alot of $. RCC is the best you can get for your bucks but velocity and hahn all work good at 6lbs.

hahn here also 1363 turbo pistons 9.5 boost spacer hd studs +more 281hp

IMG_2720.jpg

RCC or Velocity. We have experience with both. Also, with the miles you have I would strongly suggest you get a leakdown test done to determine condition of valves and rings and upgrade the valve springs. (you'll thank yourself later for this)

As far as maps are concerned, the ones supplied with the kits are close but we always dyno tune for optimal performance as well as maximum reliability. You can see significant varience from bike to bike due to tolerance range of production engines as well as wear and geographic location.

good luck and enjoy.

RCC or Velocity. We have experience with both. Also, with the miles you have I would strongly suggest you get a leakdown test done to determine condition of valves and rings and upgrade the valve springs. (you'll thank yourself later for this)

As far as maps are concerned, the ones supplied with the kits are close but we always dyno tune for optimal performance as well as maximum reliability. You can see significant varience from bike to bike due to tolerance range of production engines as well as wear and geographic location.

good luck and enjoy.
Good info there!

I installed an RCC a couple months ago and will never get any other brand. easy install Richard will answer all your questions without hesitation. The product is superior and the customer service is unmatched.

I installed an RCC a couple months ago and will never get any other brand. easy install Richard will answer all your questions without hesitation. The product is superior and the customer service is unmatched.

Dont know if i'd say superior..

Might be good for mainstream..

Your right, mainstream is proven..

Homework is better.
I'm not denying the product at all. What im saying is that if people would do there homework these days they could end up with a better product for less money.:laugh:

Been doin homework, been askin questions and gettin answers. I wish i could get consistant answers, everybody says somthing different. All make sense and have great reasoning for what they say but no consistancy. So if you had 5k to get your turbo(goin RCC) and Tune and RCC shop in Canada would you with 16k miles???

Been doin homework, been askin questions and gettin answers. I wish i could get consistant answers, everybody says somthing different. All make sense and have great reasoning for what they say but no consistancy. So if you had 5k to get your turbo(goin RCC) and Tune and RCC shop in Canada would you with 16k miles???

16k miles isn't even close to being broken in yet. It'll be fine.

Back