turbo help

kaos

Registered
I have an 01 busa mr.turbo kit 6lbs of boost, 1403cc, race fuel only, s2000 injectors

Im getting some white smoke on start up (till the bike warms up) then when i get into the boost the bike starts to smoke out of the exhaust. Could this be a problem with the scavenge pump or seals on the turbo? Any input appreciated

I have an 01 busa mr.turbo kit 6lbs of boost, 1403cc, race fuel only, s2000 injectors

Im getting some white smoke on start up (till the bike warms up) then when i get into the boost the bike starts to smoke out of the exhaust. Could this be a problem with the scavenge pump or seals on the turbo? Any input appreciated

Mr. Turbo turbo kits carry the turbo low, due to the design of the header. That is why a scavenge pump is necessary on these kits. The original pumps that came with these kits were known to fail - sometimes more than once a year. It is possible that your pump is to blame - it might be turning slow, and getting ready to fail completely. One thing you should always do with a kit like this is run the pump for a minute or two prior to the first startup of the day. This will evacuate any oil that may still be in the turbo. Another thing you can do is examine the check valve that is in the oil feed line to the turbo. This check valve is supposed to prevent oil gravity-feeding into the turbo itself while the bike sits. Obviously, it opens up under pressure when the bike starts. If this check valve is not closing completely, you turbo will fill up with oil when the bike sits overnight. Good luck . . .

Back