turbo oiler vs brake line

BigRod1300

Registered
Does anyone know if the oiler line to the turbo is equivalant to a Galfer braided brake line? Meaning is it the same size and the banji bolt...is it the same size and thread, OR is the banji bolt thread/size same as the left side GenI oil gallery? I need a new turbo oiler line...and I was thinking I could match it to my blue braided Galfer brake lines???

Last edited:
Wouldn't the orifice on a brake line/banjo bolt be way to small to provide a volume of oil even if it did bolt up?
Posted via Mobile Device

i think we did lol
do you have a stock brake line? i think the gafler banjo is the same as stock
try it with that

Wouldn't the orifice on a brake line/banjo bolt be way to small to provide a volume of oil even if it did bolt up?
Posted via Mobile Device

the oil line -4 an will have .040" restictor in it for a ball bearing turbo
so brake lineshould work with the right ends on it

i run a -3 an line for my oil feeds on my setups so a brake line if not to small of a restriction should be fine

I was just out playing with the turbo oiler line. THe banji bolt that is in it now...WILL NOT come out...due to I can NOT get a wrench on it with out tearing down the turbo. However the banji is not part of the line....it threaded to another union...so I took off the line leaving the banji bolt in the turbo. Simple enough....Now I just need to get a line made up with the correct ends. WHere can I get just a line ( galfer blue braided ) to match would be nice, other wise a plain braided line I know where.

Back