oil restrictor placement

hellrazor3114

Registered
hey guys quick question, does it matter where I put the oil restrictor in the oil feed line to the turbo? In other words does it mater if its at the oil gallery side or the turbo side of the feed line.

the reason I ask this question is... I have been working on fabricating my own turbo kit for a 05 busa. I got everything built and am having oil issues, the turbo is spitting it out the exaust and smoking extremely. I have the turbo center shaft above the oil level, I have tried using a 1/2" drain line, and also now am using a evac pump from shintz racing, I also tried a .062 restrictor and am now down to a .032 restrictor, the time it smoked the least is when I used the 1/2" drain. I currently have the turbo plumed with the restrictor in the oil galery then a 1/4" feed line to the turbo then the drain goes from the turbo to the evac pump via 1/4" line then into the cover next to the crankcase breather via a 1/4"line. The turbo is a used unit could it be that the seals are shot?

don't think it matters bro. easier to get to imho when it's near the turbo.

No not sure about the seals I'm expecting they are shot so I am saving up for a new turbo. Just wanted to check all options.
Posted via Mobile Device

Easier to just get an RCC Turbo Kit. Can never go wrong with that :thumbsup:

Especially with their new sexy exhaust pipe :drool:

Use a -10AN drain line and a -3AN feed line will help
I use masterpower turbos on some of my builds cause they are real good priced and quality parts
But it does sound as if you either have the crank case breather plugged or the seals on the turbo mighg be bad ??

Use a -10AN drain line and a -3AN feed line will help
I use masterpower turbos on some of my builds cause they are real good priced and quality parts
But it does sound as if you either have the crank case breather plugged or the seals on the turbo mighg be bad ??

I know the breather isn't pluged because I had the cover off when I taped it for the oil return. And I still haven't put a filter on the breather. Also where would I look for that kind of turbo
Posted via Mobile Device

Back