Galfer braided brake lines

RX1Jim

Registered
I just installed a complete set of Galfer braided stailnless stell brake lines on my 09 Busa. I have installed these lines several times on other bikes. This time I used a small vacuum pump. I connectde it to the bleeder line, applied vacuum while pumping the brake lever. What a difference, the brake bleeding was done in 15 min per line rather than hours of trying to purge the air out of the lines. Highly recommended!!!

Do GenI busas come stock with braided lines? I'm going to get galfers eventually anyway but wondering if my busa came stock with its braided lines
Posted via Mobile Device

They are the best way to bleed. Using them for more years than I care to admit. :whistle:

Oh ok so mine are aftermarket.. it says goodridge. Wonder id the brand really makes a difference?
Posted via Mobile Device

Oh ok so mine are aftermarket.. it says goodridge. Wonder id the brand really makes a difference?
Posted via Mobile Device

No not really, majority of the big names in brake components like Galfer, Spiegler, Goodridge are pretty much equal in performance. I personally like Galfer because the line crimping are better looking and they use stainless steel banjos and bolts instead of aluminum like some companies. I really dislike using aluminum hardware on things like brake lines.

I'm gonna need a braided cluth tho eventually and ill go galfer so that means I'm going all galfer.... gotta match :laugh:
Posted via Mobile Device

Back