turbo notchback overboost

xx2busa

Registered
This does not concern a turbo Busa but maybe someone has an idea of what could be the problem with my 93 Mustang turbo notchback. It has a custom turbo set up with a t-60, I have logged 10,000 miles on it since its install without any over boost problems. It has a 38mm tial with the green spring 8-9# and always consistantly hit anywhere from 7-9#. Now all of a sudden every time I get into it it blows past that range to 15-16#, im not sure if its caused any damage yet but it rattled like a can of marbles before I realized what was happening. There were no changes made to it as to cause this, anyone have any ideas?

Waste gate sticking? I would take some timing out before you scorch some pistons and rings.

what are you using for a BPV or BOV ? and is the bpv or bov and or the boost gauge tied into the vacuum line that supplies your WG with boost / vacuum ?? are any of them leaking ? intercooler ? sticky WG. all easy to diagnose

any leak from the line feeding the wastegate will increase boost, check that line for rips, tears, holes, etc.

Back