TSukigi exhaust for Gen 1?

I am very mechanically inclined, been turning wrenches on stuff before I was in my teens. I have installed pipes on at least 6 different bikes. From Gen1 and Gen2 Busas to 14's, GSXRs and even a B-king. I understand how to install them, and never had a problem with any pipe other than that one. I even took it back off, and reinstalled it loosely again, and messed with it several times to get it to clear. It hit on the underside where the stock exhaust has the rearmost bolt (where the H pipe part is on the stocker) and would not raise up any higher. There was no way to get the clearance I needed to clear the bellypan or the wing.

I have seen other Tsukigi pipes that were not of the same model that fit fine. Do not ask me what the deal was, I do not know.

I ran the pipe for a few months, and when I had gotten enough money to buy the pipe I wanted in the first place, I decided to sell the Tsukigi and get the Brocks Gen 3 system with the polished Titanium can. The polished aluminum can (on the Tsukigi) was a lot of maintenance to keep looking perfect.

The brocks took very little tweaking to clear anything, and fit like a glove. On an otherwise stock engine, I made 217 hp at the tire with a Shinko Usoft on it at Schnitz's dyno.....

I am just extremely picky, I guess.

Here is my old bike with the Brocks pipe, minus the wing which could not be installed with the underbraced arm

DSC02075.jpg

And one with the stock arm
DSCF2705.jpg

I am very mechanically inclined, been turning wrenches on stuff before I was in my teens. I have installed pipes on at least 6 different bikes. From Gen1 and Gen2 Busas to 14's, GSXRs and even a B-king. I understand how to install them, and never had a problem with any pipe other than that one. I even took it back off, and reinstalled it loosely again, and messed with it several times to get it to clear. It hit on the underside where the stock exhaust has the rearmost bolt (where the H pipe part is on the stocker) and would not raise up any higher. There was no way to get the clearance I needed to clear the bellypan or the wing.

I have seen other Tsukigi pipes that were not of the same model that fit fine. Do not ask me what the deal was, I do not know.

I ran the pipe for a few months, and when I had gotten enough money to buy the pipe I wanted in the first place, I decided to sell the Tsukigi and get the Brocks Gen 3 system with the polished Titanium can. The polished aluminum can (on the Tsukigi) was a lot of maintenance to keep looking perfect.

The brocks took very little tweaking to clear anything, and fit like a glove. On an otherwise stock engine, I made 217 hp at the tire with a Shinko Usoft on it at Schnitz's dyno.....

I am just extremely picky, I guess.

Here is my old bike with the Brocks pipe, minus the wing which could not be installed with the underbraced arm

DSC02075.jpg

And one with the stock arm
DSCF2705.jpg

Extremely picky? It sounds like your issue withe pipe didn't involve disclosing that to the guy you sold it to based on his response. But I'm not on here to judge character. Thanks for showing the pick of your bike with the Brocks, to bad it wasn't a pic with the Tsukigi on it like the other guys posted up. It's ironic that you ended up with no belly pan in the end with the Brocks. I will certainly report back unbiasedly regarding the fitment of the pipe after I install it with pics.

I'm kinda picky to and thus why I turn my own wrenches and it didn't cost me $100k for a TTZ06.

What did you do besides the pipe to get 200+ hp?

N20 with a .040 jet, forgot to list that......

And for your information, I disclosed what I did not like about the pipe. And why I wanted the other......

The reason it ended up with no belly wing was because of the underbracing, nothing to do with the fit of the pipe

SO if you want to question my character, fine. That is twice in this thread you made some smartass comment towards me. I have been here long enough and done enough transactions here for anyone to be able to tell what kind of person I am.

And with that, I am done here, MR 59 posts.

N20 with a .040 jet, forgot to list that......

And for your information, I disclosed what I did not like about the pipe. And why I wanted the other......

The reason it ended up with no belly wing was because of the underbracing, nothing to do with the fit of the pipe

SO if you want to question my character, fine. That is twice in this thread you made some smartass comment towards me. I have been here long enough and done enough transactions here for anyone to be able to tell what kind of person I am.

And with that, I am done here, MR 59 posts.

I actually stated that I was not here to judge your character, its just interesting that when the person you sold it to made the comment you had nothing to offer to clean it up, so it appeared to be unresolved. But when I mentioned it in the form of a question you got defensive and said I was making a smart ass comment to you, and then some how deflect to your longevity and the number of post that I have as some sort of validation. Now quit acting like such a kitty cat about it.

You responded on my thread that you had an issue with the pipe fitment which was on topic and highlighted your Brocks pipe, then the guy who bought it from you stated that you never mentioned it when you sold it to him, and claimed that he didn't have any issues. but now you say you did disclose it. One of you is incorrect.

I think I can see what kind of forum person you are.
Thanks

Glad you liked it, but I was not willing to trim any plastic to get it to fit.

I loved the sound and the look of the 2 into one but was more satisfied with my Brocks.

How is your hand doing??

man my hand is pretty much mangled for good LOL i still ride just no hard riding hehe u going to that busa meet?....

Exhaust came in today. I have taken some pics and will document the install and any issues. All that I can say it that it was boxed from Tsukigi Racing I unboxed it and it looks top notch...I wished my TT headers on my car looked as good. Did I mentioned I picked up a full system for $525 shipped to my door.

One question when looking at the front of the motor exhaust ports (cylinders) do they read 1-4 left to right or right to left?

heres little pic of mine i think its been 2 years since i have had this on..maybe longer HAHAHA no issues

Did you have to remove the center stand on your bike to install..did you bike have a center stand? I have one and am thinking it needs to come off to intsll this exhaust.

Ok finished up the install..pretty straight forward everything is really high quality stuff. A couple of issues

1.) One of the small springs was missing
2.) the band that keeps the can on is huge, doesn't fit tight around the oval canister..it must be for another can.

The PCIIIUSB I hooked up tells me the MAP I downloaded for the system is not a compatible map??? WTH.

I did a 1/2 small box mod. I just disconnected the vacuum line from the actuator and plugged the accuator and the line in case I want to use in the future.

I also did a pair valve mod by using block off plates.

I will post all the pics tomorrow and I need to try and find a compatible map.

The one I had fit like crap. You could not even use the belly wing and it was melting the lowers. I sold it quick and bought the Brocks. Never regretted it either:laugh:

Just want to report that the fit and finish was/is fantastic! I put over 200 miles on the bike since yesterday morning, freeway and stop and go traffic. I thought maybe I smelt something like plastic one time burning. But when I got home I did a full inspection. As promised I mentioned that I would report back if there were any issues. I took a pic of the bottom where the pipes are closest to the fairing plastic.

As you can see not melting whatsoever. I have another thread going with the install pics.

This is just a follow up to the install.

IMG00037-20110724-1755 (2).jpg

Edit Spring was not missing....so the bracket fitment is the only complaint now. :thumbsup:

Edit my complaint was my own doing. I had the clamp on wrong. Had it mounted so that it I had each end secured to each side of the frame vs. having them both on the same (outside) side. I went by my buddy's bike shop and he said yeah that happens all the time.

So the kit was 100% high quality with perfect fitment and all the parts. What a deal for $525 shipped to my front door. I think they have a couple of more too.

Back